Robert E. Lee and Ulysses S. Grant
Civil War Generals
Robert E. Lee
- Reagan E. Smith
Robert E. Lee Works Cited:
Dowdey, Clifford. "Robert E. Lee" (1807-1870). Encyclopaedia Britannica, n.d. Web. 22 Apr. 2016.
Kavanagh, Jack, and Eugene C. Murdock. Robert E. Lee. New York: Chelsea Juniors, 1995. Print.
N.d. Wikimedia. Web. 4 May 2016.
Phillips, Roxanne. "Robert E. Lee." Apr. 2016. Lecture.
"Sixteen 283 Civil War Artwork Army Of Tennessee Relics|CHIPART. " Sixteen 283 Civil War Artwork Army of Tennessee Relics|CHIPART. Chipart, n.d. Web. 22 Apr. 2016.
Ulysses S. Grant
On April 27,1822 Ulysses was born in a cabin in Point Pleasant,Ohio. He was his father's pride and joy who brought much happiness. Ulysses S. Grant is one of the greatest war heroes and one of the best generals of all time. He fought many wars one of the most important being the Civil War. He was an amazing soldier who also became an amazing general in 1861 thanks to Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln had a strong liking towards him stating "I can't spare this man. He fights." During the war General Robert E. Lee (part of the Confederacy) wanted to meet with him. The meeting in Appomattox, on April 9th, 1865 Courthouse was made to tell Grant that Lee was finally surrendering to him. After he surrendered people called Grant "Hero of Appomattox". Three years after that he was elected president in 1868 as a Republican and was reelected in 1872. In 1884 he was diagnosed with tongue cancer. People have said that he was diagnosed with it after his victory in the Civil War when people congratulated him with cigars. In conclusion he was a war hero many people adored.
- Kent,Zachary."Hero of Appomattox."Ulysses S. Grant: Eighteenth President of the Unites States.Chicago:Childrens,1989.60-64.Print
- Kent,Zachary."Hero of Appomattox."Ulysses S. Grant: Eighteenth President of the Unites States.Chicago:Childrens,1989.68.Print
- Kent,Zachary."Jesse Grant's Pride and Joy."Ulysses S. Grant: Eighteenth President of the Unites States.Chicago:Childrens,1989.13.Print
- Kent,Zachary."The Fighting General."Ulysses S. Grant: Eighteenth President of the Unites States.Chicago:Childrens,1989.11.Print
- Kent,Zachary."Unconditional Surrender."Ulysses S. Grant: Eighteenth President of the Unites States.Chicago:Childrens,1989.44.Print
- Shearer,John.Ulysses S. Grant.Digital Image.Chattanoogan,8 Jan.2014.Web.22.Apr.2016
- Ulysses S. Grant|HistoryNet.World History. World History Group,2016.Web.26.Apr.2016