First Grade News
2/8 - 2/12
Monday - "Warm up to a New Friend" - wear warm-ups
Tuesday - "Understanding Differences is Smart" - Dress up like someone smart ex. an inventor, a leader in history, the President, or a teacher :)
Wednesday - "Express Yourself" - Wear something that tells about who you are ex. your culture or something you enjoy doing
Thursday - "Kindness Never Goes Out of Style" - Wear clothes from the 1980s.
Friday - "We are all the Same in Some Way" - Wear your Wells spirit wear
2/12 - Valentine's Day Party @ 1:15 - Don't forget to bring Valentines for your friends
Spelling Words - We will have a test on Friday
Optional Challenge Words
Note from Mrs. Ramos
A message from Mrs. Ramos…. With the Valentine’s Day parties coming up, please note a procedure we started last year at Wells. If you have more than one child at Wells, and you choose to attend one of our class parties during the year, Wells students are not allowed to attend the parties of their siblings. If you want to take your child home after their party, please feel free to do so. Just sign out in the front office. However, if you sign that child out, he or she may not attend the parties later in the day in other grade levels. These students have already had their party, and the classrooms are already crowded with parents. As always, if you have a younger sibling who does not attend Wells yet, he or she is welcome at our parties. Please direct any further questions to Mrs. Ramos at Stefanie.Ramos@pisd.edu.
Help with Planners
- I can retell the beginning, middle and end of a story in my own words.
- I can find facts in a story.
- I can decode and blend words with long o.
- I can explain the characteristics of a fable.
- I can use new vocabulary words in a sentence.
- I can determine whether Abraham Lincoln is important to our country.
- I can describe the contributions of Abraham Lincoln.
- I can count forward and backwards to and from 120.
- I can count by tens.
- I can skip count to find the total number of objects in a group.
- I can recognize sets of ten and count on.
- I can combine Earth's materials to redesign a wall.