Lion Pride Updates
3/5/21 Volume 2 (27)
Happy March! Is that Spring or Fall?
In the Southern Hemisphere, March is the same as September in the Northern Hemisphere. So, depending on where you live, you may have the opposite experience.
At the dinner table tonight, talk about how diversity brings richness in culture, experience, and perspective and that differences offer greater opportunities to learn. Here are some ideas:
- Share the differences in animals that make them special (birds can fly, cheetahs can run fast, turtles have hard shells).
- Talk about menu options and how having different options satisfy different taste buds.
- Identify different jobs which allow the society to make it more efficient.
I hope you and your family have a rich weekend appreciating the differences~
Helps Us Be Safe in the Parking Lot
- Slow down- it's an elementary school
- Enter thru the Park entrance- school entrance is not for pick up/drop off
- Don't get out the car in the drive thru- kids can handle their own things; it's safer this way.
- Walk across at the crossing- let's role model proper places of crossing
- Don't walk pass the Kiss & Go red line
- Be patient- 20 sec wait might seem long, but it's not
Read Across America Week Was So~ Fun!
Make Up Pictures- Wednesday, March 10th (in the MPR)
AM In-Person Students: 8:00 am - 9:00 am
PM Zoomers: 9:45 am - 11:15 am
PM In-Person Students: 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
AM Zoomers: 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Book Fair 3/1~3/14
Principal 4 A Day
Aiden Mercer, Move-A-Thon 1st prize winner, served as Principal for a Day.
Paper Drive- Here are preliminary top 3:
Mrs. Sabio's class- 49 reams
Mrs. Rude's class- 31 reams
Mrs. Vlastnik's class- 22 reams
Thanks for your continued support.Ends March 19th
Lakeview PTA Newsletter Issue #4
Important Dates (Every Week: College Wear Wednesday and Spirit wear Friday)
3/9- Fire Drill
3/10- Make up Pictures
3/10, 4/7, 4/28, 5/19, 6/9- Band/Strings In-Person Office Hours from 1 - 2 PM in front of MPR
3/14- Daylight Saving begins @ 2:00 AM
3/20- March Equinox- Welcome spring!
3/29 ~ 4/2- Spring Break
Click here for School Calendar./