May @ Springfield
We are Springfield. That means something.
Spotlight on May
The Official Last Day of School!
As indicated on the district calendar, the final three days of school - June 16, June 17, & June 20 - are all early dismissal days (1:20) for students.
May Dates to Remember
May 2 - May 27 - NJSLA Administration
May 11 - H&S Association Meeting
May 13 - H&S Association’s Backyard Night at Johnson’s Locust Hall Farm
May 15 - May Faire at Historic Smithville Park
May 16 - Grade Six Camp Ockanickon Trip
May 17 - Board of Education Meeting
May 18 - School Art Show
May 23 - Grade Six Regional Field Day at Northern Burlington
May 25 - Grade Five Historical Society Trip
May 30 - Memorial Day (school closed)
2022 Summer Learning Programs
Summer Learning Academy: The Summer Learning Academy will be open to all Springfield students who are currently in Kindergarten through 5th grade (students who will be 1st – 6th graders in September). The Summer Learning Academy will be offered free of charge, staffed by Springfield Elementary School teachers, and will run for nine days starting on July 5th and concluding on July 15th. The program will run from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM (transportation will not be provided) with a focus on strengthening skills and building preparedness in English Language Arts and mathematics.
Summer STEAM Camp: The Summer STEAM Camp will be open to all Springfield students who are currently in Kindergarten through 5th grade (students who will be 1st – 6th graders in September). The Summer STEAM Camp will be offered free of charge, staffed by Springfield Elementary School teachers with supplemental activities provided by outside professionals, and will run for five days starting on July 18th and ending on July 22nd. The program will run from 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM (transportation will not be provided) and will provide students with a variety of fun and engaging activities in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Music.
Summer Jump Start: The Summer Jump Start program will be open to all Springfield students who are currently in our Preschool program, Kindergarten, or 1st grade (students who will be in the preschool 4-year-old program, Kindergarten, 1st, or 2nd grade in September). The Summer Jump Start program will be offered free of charge, staffed by Springfield Elementary School teachers, and will run five days starting on August 22nd and ending on August 26th. The program will run from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM (transportation will not be provided) and will focus on introducing students to the daily routines, grade level expectations, and start-of-the year skills & concepts for the grade they will be entering in September 2022.
ONLINE REGISTRATION: Registration for our summer learning programs will be completed online via the link below. Online registration forms are due by June 10, 2022. In order to process all information in a timely manner and ensure proper staffing for our summer learning programs, late registrations will not be accepted.
State Assessment Schedule
- The 3rd and 4th grade NJSLA testing will be the weeks of May 2nd-6th and make-ups May 9th - 13th.
- The 5th and 6th grade NJSLA testing will be the weeks of May 16th - 20th, and the makeups the week of May 23rd - 27th.
Springfield Elementary Art Show
Special thanks to Alicia Z. for her "digital" artistry in developing the flyer pictured below.
Student Dress Code Policy
- Apparel shall not be tight fitting, sheer, brief, low-cut, or revealing above or below the waist (i.e. low hanging pants) as to be embarrassing or indecent.
- Half shirts, tube tops, open arm holes, "spaghetti straps" or bare-shouldered tops are not permitted, nor are articles of clothing intended to be worn as undergarments (such as pajamas, etc.). Tank tops are permissible; however, arm hole openings must not be excessively loose (in excess of one inch from the underarm).
- Short shorts and short skirts are not permitted. Appropriate length can be determined by placing arms dangling by sides of the body; if the skirt/shorts are shorter than the longest finger, they are too short.
- Clothing with holes or rips in the back is not allowed; however, clothing with holes or rips is permissible under the following circumstances:
- Holes or rips in the hip and/or thigh area are permissible only when skin is not visible above where the students longest finger is situated when arms are at his/her sides (students must wear an additional layer, such as “biker” shorts or yoga-style pants, under the ripped clothing for any area above the placement of the longest finger as referenced above)
- Holes at or below the knee are permissible so long as the clothing does not create a safety hazard for the student (i.e. ripped cuffs that may present a tripping hazard).
- Beach/shower (flip-flops) type of footwear and non-strapped sandals (sandals lacking a strap across the back of the heel)are prohibited due to safety concerns on the playground equipment and stairs.
- In all cases where a pupil's appearance is questionable, the Superintendent/or designee will evaluate and make the final decision.
Now Seeking Kindergarten Students for September 2022!
Notification of Security Drills
NB FFA Spring Plant Sale
The FFA Chapter at Northern Burlington County Regional High School is holding 3 plant sales on the following dates:
Saturday, May 7th, 2022 from 9am - 2pm
Saturday, May 14th, 2022 from 9am - 2pm
Saturday, May 21st, 2022 from 9am - 2pm
2022 Springfield Township Memorial Day Ceremony
The 2022 Springfield Township Memorial Day Ceremony will be held at 10:00 AM, on Memorial Day, May 30, 2022, at the Springfield Township Veterans Memorial Park, on Island Road, Jobstown, New Jersey. This year, we are specifically honoring those American Patriots who lost their lives at the Battle of Petticoat Bridge (here in Springfield Township), in the American Revolutionary War, on December 23, 1776. The sacrifice of these brave patriots helped enable the success of General George Washington's attack on the Hessian Barracks in Trenton, on December 25, 1776.
Participants scheduled include:
- Mansfield Cantata Singers
- Northern Burlington Co. H.S. Air Force Junior ROTC Cadets
- Burlington County Farm Fair
- Wainwright's Landscaping Construction Contracting, Inc.
- Springfield Township Historical Society
- Springfield Township Police Department
- Springfield Township Fire Department.
- Springfield Township Community Volunteers
COVID Home Tests Available
Please use this link to view the weekly status for our school with regards to individuals in quarantine or isolation due to COVID-19.
The district's Safe Return Plan outlines current health & safety protocols in response to COVID-19.
Please use this link to view the NJ Department of Health's weekly CALI reports. These reports indicate the level of transmission risk which impacts the quarantine requirements for students and staff members.