Gifted Program Mentor
Greetings, Paradise Valley Principals!
As the Gifted Program Mentor, I guide, encourage, and support our teachers in gifted programs from preschool - high school. I provide leadership with curriculum implementation, instructional strategies and professional learning. My passion is inquiry-driven instruction, creative problem-solving, mastery learning, and inspiring teachers and students to embrace a journey of life-long learning.
I've taught 15 years in Paradise Valley - all within gifted education. My experience includes serving as a cluster teacher, gifted specialist, and program mentor. Additionally, I am the proud parent of two daughters who received PVUSD gifted services from kindergarten through high school.
I look forward to providing support and resources for your teachers, parents, and students.
How may I support your staff?
- Provide professional learning (see topics below)
- Gifted curriculum Implementation
- Teacher support (individual and/or specific teacher groups)
- Differentiation strategies
- Enrichment ideas and resources
- Critical and creative thinking strategies
- Online and live lesson modeling
- Technology-infused strategy support & implementation
Workshop topics available:
- Introducing the Gifted Learner
- Engaging Gifted Learners
- Differentiation Strategies
- Promoting student voice with original projects, critical thinking & problem-solving tasks
- Digital Differentiating
- Implementing & differentiating with Khan Academy
- Critical & Creative Thinking
- Motivating Twice-Exceptional Students
- Gifted Identification
- Supporting the Social and Emotional Needs of Gifted Learners
- Cross-curricular lesson design
Gifted in Paradise
A quarterly communication for Parents of PV Gifted students.
Gifted News & Notes
A bi-monthly communication for teachers.
Responsibilities of PV Gifted Education Teachers
Professional Learning & Curriculum Resources are available at this site.