May 2 - 6, 2016
Congratulations, Celebrations, and Gratitudes
Congratulations to Tanya and the 2nd Graders for an amazing music program that involved singing and dancing, as well as a community dance time with parents, family and community members dancing with their 2nd graders.
Congrats to all that made beautiful paintings Saturday, April 16th at the Splatz Paint Party. Thanks to the Social Committee that arranged this social event for us.
Thanks to Brenda for stepping up and taking the long term sub job for Library Tech this spring. She is learning many things quickly and truly a support to our school.
Thanks to all teachers for getting MAPS testing done quickly and efficiently.
Thanks to those teachers who turned in their Teach-To Forms and for reviewing PAWS behavior and expectations. I truly think that students are being more successful this year with their behavior because of the time you are taking to stay on top of positive behavioral expectations. I have gift cards I will bring around this week as a reward for your efforts.
Thanks to Steve for his endurance and consistency during art. HE travels to 3 schools each week and has a different set of kids every day for six day. Then he starts over again. Thank for his willingness to travel and to make art work in each of our elementary school.
Stay Focused on Instruction - Don't Give Up
It will be expected that reading, writing and math be conducted right up until the last day of school. Reading intervention and lit blocks will run right up through Wednesday, May 26th.
Collab Time - Fri, April 29
K, 1st, 5th teachers as well as PE, Music and Counselors have building collab to work on their own local priorities. Those grade levels/departments should send me an email reporting what was accomplished and how that time was used before they leave at the end of the day on Friday.
Student Engagement Survey
Testing or Special Events - Daily Schedule Interruptions
No Football or Football Games
Leadership Team Master Schedule Work - Update
If you have a vested interest in this topic, please come to the next leadership team meeting on Monday, May 16th at 3:45 pm. We will also draft Calendar events for the first trimester of the next school year at that meeting.
MAPS Conclusion and Make Ups
What's Happening Next Week: May 2 - 6
Student Engagement Survey Opens - May 3 - 10 for 3rd, 4th & 5th Graders
Evaluation/SLO Conferences all Week
- Staff Meeting for All Staff - Mon, May 2nd @ 3:40 pm
- Social Committee Meets - Monday May 2nd @ 3:40 pm
- Teacher Appreciation Day - Tuesday, May 3rd
- PAWS Lunch for April Winners - Tuesday, May 3rd
- CST Meeting - Tuesday, May 3rd @ 2:30 pm
- IEP Meetings - Tuesday, May 3rd @ 1:00 and 3:30 pm
- DARE Graduation for 5th Graders - Tuesday May 3rd @ 9:00 am
- Talent Show Forms are Due - Wed, May 4th
- Custodian Appreciation Day - Thurs, May 5th
- 4th & 5th Grade Field Trip to Denver - Thurs, May 5 and Fri, May 6
- East Art - E Day on Friday, May 6th
What's Happening During May?
- SLO/MSL calculations completed
- Evaluation Processes Completed
- Social Committee Meeting
- Leadership Team Meeting
- Staff Meeting
- School Board Meeting
- Kindergarten Graduation
- Kindergarten Connection Day - May 9th
- Kindergarten Visitation Days - May 25 & May 26
- Kindergarten Buddy Day - May 17
- Passport to Reading BBQ
- Field Day for all Students - May 20
- Shelter-In-Place Drill
- End of Year BBQ for Students & Families
- East's Got Talent Show
- Last Day with Students - May 26
- Last Day of Work for Classified - May 26
- Staff Party - May 26
- Last Day of Work for Teachers - May 27
- 5th Grade Music Program - May
- Preschool Graduation - May 19th
- Substitute Appreciation Day - May 19th
- Re-designation Meetings - May 19th