Personalized Learning Academy at HM
Weekly Update ( June 1st - June 4th )
A Message From Ms. Santos:
We made it to June and now we only have 3 weeks left of school!! The front office is still taking appointments for Pre-K 3 and Pre-K registration. Times that are available for help with enrollment will be Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. We will also be available on Tuesday and Thursday from 4:00-7:00 for those who can't make it during regular school hours! To make an appointment, please call (972)502-5200 and we will be glad to help you out! Parents, please remember to make sure to send your students to school with a mask on. Make sure to read through all of the information in the newsletter and we hope you have a wonderful week!
- The last day of school is June 18th
- Parents, please complete the survey found under the "What's new?" section of the newsletter.
- Spring pictures were sent home on Tuesday, May 18th. If you would like to purchase your student's pictures you can go to https://www.strawbridge.net/ and enter the unique code that came with your student's picture packet. If you do not have the code, you can also send money via the money envelope that was included in the picture packet. You can order the SPRING pictures now until the last week of school. If you have any questions, don't hesitate in calling the front office.
- The new testing window that has opened up from May 17th-June 18th for grades PreK-5th
- Parents can now start placing their school supply orders for the 2021-2022 school year through the EPI website. *SALE ENDS JUNE 13, 2021* (More details included in the PTA section of the newsletter)
- Tutoring is being done by teacher invitation. Please make sure that you have an established method of communication with your child's teacher to receive updates on tutoring. *Tutoring is from 3:30-4:30 on Tuesday and Thursday*
- On Wednesday we will be distributing meals to our students from 4:30-6:30 pm. Please bring your student(s) ID number.
- Meal Viewer has replaced Nutrislice as our way of viewing the school breakfast and lunch menu: https://schools.mealviewer.com/school/HIGHLANDMEADOWSELEMENTARY
This month's calendar
*More updates will be added as we get new information*
- Students will keep their devices as they transition to a new campus. For example, 5th graders transitioning to middle school will keep their devices.
- Additional information will be sent to students that need their devices repaired.
Intersession Calendar Information
PreK 3 AND PreK 4 Registration NOW OPEN
If you need any help with enrollment, feel free to call the school to make an appointment and someone will be able to help you with the process. We are taking appointments from 9:00 am-2:00 pm Monday through Friday.
When you come for your appointment, please make sure you bring all the documents you need for the uploading process, and please make sure you have a mask on when you enter the building.
Need Rental Assistance?
AFTER SCHOOL CARE UPDATE
COVID-19 VACCINE SITE
NEWS FROM THE COUNSELORS
DISD - Mental Health Services
Leader in Me School
Highland Meadows is proud to be a Leader in Me School! We educate our students with the leadership and life skills they need to thrive in the 21st century. Leader in Me is based on principles and practices of personal, interpersonal and organizational effectiveness, and upon the powerful premise that every child possesses unique strengths and has the ability to be a leader.
Leader in Me helps students learn how to become self-reliant, take initiative, plan ahead, set and track goals, do their homework, prioritize their time, manage their emotions, be considerate of others, express their viewpoint persuasively, resolve conflicts, find creative solutions, value differences, and live a balanced life. The process helps students develop the skills and self-confidence they need to lead their lives and succeed in school and beyond.
This week in Leader in Me
UPDATED COVID CONTACT TRACING UPDATE
Coping with Covid
The following guidelines apply to personal face masks:
- Must fit snugly over the nose bridge, mouth and chin.
- Must be secured to minimize the need to adjust frequently.
- Do not need to be medical grade.
- Masks or respirators with exhalation valves are not recommended since they are not effective and decrease protection of others.
- Face mask graphics must be appropriate, not offensive to others
- Masks should not be loose material that could get caught or injure.
- Gaiter type neck fleece are not advised due to little protection and may increase transmission and dispersion of small droplets.
- Mask should be worn prior to entering district buildings.
- After removal, personal face masks should be discarded or placed in a bag or bin until they can be washed (recommended daily).
HIGHLAND MEADOWS FOOD DISTRIBUTION **UPDATE!!
Food Distribution For ALL Kids
Wednesday, June 2nd, 4:30-6:30pm
8939 Whitewing Lane
INFORMATION FROM THE PTA
Meet the 2021-2022 PTA Board Members!
We are very happy to announce that we have new elected PTA members for the 2021-2022 school year. Below you will find a short bio about each of the new PTA board members. Thank you to everyone that participated in the elections!
Hello Mavericks, my name is Claritza Zapata and I will be your 2021-2022 PTA President. I have three wonderful kids in Highland Meadows. I have served one year as secretary for the 2020-2021 PTA. I would like to thank my current board team for trusting me and encouraging me to take another big role as your PTA President I am ready to take a part of this journey I truly enjoy helping Highland Meadows in any way I can. Together as a team my board members and I will ensure we have a successful and exciting new year ahead.
Keyli Hernandez-Vice President
I have 2 children at this school.
It is an honor for me to serve this year 2021_2022 as the PTA secretary.
It will be a wonderful year full of challenges to meet, I hope to be the perfect chain between parents and teachers to ensure that it is reflected in the education of our children.
I have previously served at this school as a volunteer and I feel confident that I can do a good job.
*Click on the picture above for a direct link to the EPI website to place your order.*
Student can wear jeans for FREE every Friday with HME Spirit Wear. You may purchase by clicking the button.
Store now available online *Marquee requests can be made online and in person
Click here to access the Parent Handbook. This is a live document and will be continuously edited and changed as we receive updated information from the district and make changes.
New Highland Meadows Elementary Google Site
Check out our Google Web Page! Here you will be able to access more information about our school!