Friday, November 11, 2016
- November is National Career Development with theme"The Joy of Work: Positive Approaches to Work, Career & Life!" There will be special activities planned for students during this month that focus on College and Career Readiness.
- BAND FRUIT FUNDRAISER began October 13th and will run through November 17th. Please see any band students or Mr. Bream to purchase as much fruit as possible...This is a great fundraiser for our band and has been going on for 30+ years. Let's help make this year a great success.
Please help the custodians keep your rooms clean. Encourage students to eat breakfast before they come to your room. All breakfast trash should be put in the trash cans in the hallway, rather than in your classroom trash can. Should you have a spill in your classroom, please call immediately for a custodian.
Grade level Restrooms: Please reinforce the use of grade level restrooms. If there are any questions or concerns, please see Mr. Smith.
PBIS Reminder: Homeroom teachers please remember that students can earn 5 tickets for perfect attendance each week, and they can also earn 5 tickets for using the Word of Week in a sentence or if they can give the correct definition.
Teachers, please remember to take you AESOP information home with you just in case you need a Sub.
- At dismissal time please stand at your door to ensure students make it safely and quickly down the halls to their cars and buses.
- Broken objects (pencils, etc.) still pose a safety hazard on the soccer/football field. The Safety Committee ask that teachers have students leave items in their backpacks and for backpacks not to be carried out on the field during TLC or PBIS events.
- Teachers in an effort to keep students safe and monitored please ensure students have a pass when they leave your class for any reason. The pass should include their name, the date, and the time in which you have written the pass.
- Science Olympiad is fundraising with Fun Pasta Fundraiser. Our group link is on the school website. Please help supports us! :)
Reminder: Your team Growth Mindset poster is due 11/22!
EQs/Standards: EQs and Curriculum standard must be posted each day in an area that is clearly visible to students.
- National Career Development Month Poster and Poetry Contest –All students are encouraged to participate and entries are due to Dr. Goins by November 28, 2016. Every student enrolled at Carver and Spring Hill Middle is eligible to participate in the Middle Division of the Poster and Poetry Contest: Grades 6-8. Each entry should celebrate and inspire career development with a positive tone while emphasizing the national theme listed above. More information has been placed in your box regarding this contest.
- 8th Grade 1st Semester Job Shadowing – November 30, 2016
(Site selections are due no later than November 4, 2016)
- November 16, 2016 “National Career Development Day." This day is set aside for students to “Dress for Success”. Students will learn more about college and career readiness by participating in soft skills activities, mock interviews, and workplace simulations.
Lung Cancer Awareness
"November 17 is designated as a day to raise awareness about the dangers associated with tobacco smoke. In an effort to support healthy lungs and to discourage teen tobacco use, we are asking students and staff to wear a white ribbon (which is the ribbon color for Lung Cancer Awareness) or something of their choice that day."
The link to PBIS world is in the google Standard Protocol Procedures that was shared with staff by Mr. Smith and it is full of unique interventions.
Tips: If you send a student to the office for discipline; you must notify the office so that they know why the student is there. Students must have a note or pass to be in the hallway. Limit time outside of class; remember they learn best when they are with you!
Tuesday, November 15-7th & 8th Grades House and Team Meetings; 6th Grade Team Meetings; Electives Team Meeting; All-County Band Concert 6:30pm; Native American Student Association (NASA) Meeting at 3:45 in the Media Center.
Wednesday, November 16- Wacky Wednesday; Digital Facilitator, Debbie McPhaul, on campus; 7th and 8th Grade Content Level Planning Meetings. Spring Hill Football vs. Anson for the Conference Championship 5 P.M. at Anson High School. Student/Staff Fan Bus leaves at 3:45 P.M.
Thursday, November 17- Bring Your Parents to School Day; "Rock Your Mocs" Day; Native American Heritage Month Assembly at 8:30 am (we will operate on the morning assembly schedule found in your Teacher Handbook); Band Fruit Fundraiser End; 6th Grade Content Level Planning Meetings; SIT Meeting 3:45pm. Cross Country Championships held at Spring Hill 3:30 P.M.
Friday, November 18- Clubs; 6th Grade House Meeting
Tuesday, November 22- 7th & 8th Grades House and Team Meetings; 6th Grade Team Meetings; Electives Team Meeting;
Wednesday, November 23-Friday, November 25- Thanksgiving Break