2.01 Graphics Formats
Jennah Badger, Brandon Miller, Jaylen Hairston, Joey White
What factors afect Graphic Format?
- Color Depth
- Compression (lossless/lossy)
- The number of colors per pixel in an image
- Different graphic formats contain different numbers of colors per pixel.
- Refers to how an image is saved in order to reduce file size.
- Lossless: reduces file size without losing any pixel data.
- Lossy: Alters and/or eliminates some data.
- The greater the compression, the lower the quality.
- How easily a file can be opened, modified, and viewed on computers with different systems, software, and browsers.
- Allows he background color of an image to be "eliminated" so the background behind an image can be seen, this can make some of the image appear to be "see-through."