October 15, 2015
Should we consider a new format for morning announcements?
Veteran's Day Update
- Assembly in the morning will be followed by an hour of Learning Zone for grade level/wing developed activities. These activities should be separate from your classroom and should focus on one of our themes (war memorials, wounded veterans, canine companions, anniversary of the Korean War) or anything related to veterans. This would be the time that veterans and community members would be invited into our classrooms to see our activities.
- After LZ, we will proceed with our regularly scheduled classes. I ask that you consider starting off class with something related to Veteran's Day but it is not required since many of you are overwhelmed with your current curriculum.
- I plan on giving you next week's staff meeting time to meet in your wings to plan your grade level LZ Veteran's activity and talk about the classroom activities for that day as well.
- I will meet with my student Veteran's Day Committee tomorrow during LZ to get started on the assembly and their ideas. If you have an idea or would be willing to help in any capacity please let me know. Even help as simple as signs and putting together pins and such for our visitors!
Veteran's Day Schedule - Please review for teaching conflicts
BSI and Content Collaboration
I respectfully request that over the next few weeks of Content Collaboration you discuss how each of you are addressing the BSI students. I also am open to ideas on how you can assist those students during LZ. I also would like you to chat about how you are putting this into your lesson plans.
Special Classroom Activities
Upcoming Events and Reminders
- 10/19 - SGO Submissions due by 8:30am. Submit SGO form, copy of assessment and your data analysis.
- 10/19 - ELA 7/8 Collaboration
- 10/21 - Begin SGO meetings
- 10/21- Staff Meeting in your respective halllways to plan Veteran's Day
- 10/23 - Math 5/6 Collaboration