July/Aug Finals Edition
Table of Contents
Quiet Study & Study Rooms Please take the Survey!
Finals & Break: Hours & Activities
Writing Lab/Research Help
Ed Tech Corner--Gamification
Finals are fast approaching before our long summer break. In this newsletter, we focus on what is hopefully relevant for you at this time.
First, some of the feedback from our library satisfaction survey was about the study rooms. We've thrown together some potential solutions and we'd appreciate hearing your thoughts. It's a very short survey. It'll take you less than a minute and could be very valuable to us.
Next, check out our hours for the month of August through the return to school.
If you are pre-med, you now have a new section in our club materials. Check out what we have for you.
Finally, for faculty or study groups, there are many gamification tools out there. Check out the video comparing two popular sites that allow you to create games and quizzes for your learning needs.
Quiet Study & Study Rooms
Study Room Survey
Take the survey HERE!
Study Rooms: Remember, there is a two hour limit. You may sign up for additional time only after your two hours are close to being up and no one has signed up for the room after you. The sign-up sheet for finals is in the blue folder near the library worker.
In addition, while snacks are okay in the rooms, larger meals are not. Not only does it sometimes create a mess but the trash can stink up a room that may not be cleaned for a day or two, as is the case during holidays and weekends.
Breaks are good so step outside, eat and go back to studying.
Just a reminder...
As people pour into the library to study for midterms, please be extra mindful of the volume of your voice. Even "normal voice" levels can sound loud.
So far, we think you've been doing a great job during the busier days so please keep it up.
We will open at 7 a.m. Monday-Friday.
Weekend hours will remain as they are.
Friday, August 12th: We close at 4:30
Break (Aug. 13th- Sep. 5th)
M-F: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday Sep. 5th - Labor Day CLOSED
Tuesday Sep. 6th: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Wednesday Sep. 7th: Regular hours resume
- Databases for your research needs.
- You can make an appointment with me, Krista, the reference and instruction librarian. I will sit with you and help you get started in your search. For best results, make an appointment in advance by emailing me at email@example.com with as much information as possible. For instance, knowing the topic in advance before the meeting gives me the opportunity to get familiar with what we can offer.
- We also offer interlibrary loans if you need something we don't have.
- Assistance in developing the format of your paper.
- Reading over your paper to make sure it flows and to catch recurring errors.
- We do not, however, fully proofread or edit your paper.
- Please make an appointment in advance. Drop-in hours are limited to the evenings and the off chance someone might be available during the day. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
Be sure to check out what we have. We also take donations of used materials.
Gamification can be done with old fashioned tools, such as using flashcards in an "Around The World" type game. Or you can use many of the educational technology tools online.
Kahoot is one of the most well known tools but Quizizz is another option with a few more tools for teachers in tracking the assessments. Check out the video below comparing them to see if it's something you could incorporate into your classrooms.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.