The Viking View - Families
Monday November 9th
From the Desk of Principal Williams
I can't believe we are in November! Our students, staff, and families have grown so much in regards to distance learning this school year. I am so proud of all of you and your commitment to the success of Steele Lane.
As a staff we have been working hard on student engagement and focusing our efforts in not only getting students to attend our Zoom Rooms but also engage these students in the discussion and activities as well as creating lessons that engage them outside the interactive time with their classmates and teacher.
We need your help. Some ways you can help are in the following ways;
- Ask your student to show you their daily schedule, you can even post it on the refrigerator.
- Ask your student what activities they worked on today or what their teacher discussed in the Zoom Room.
- Email or contact the teacher via Class Dojo or Parent Square, to ask questions or get support.
- Encourage your students to not only attend the morning Zoom, but to also reach out to their teacher during office hours.
- Create a space for your student to be productive, and can "do" school.
- Pick up any materials that are being distributed by your teacher.
We all appreciate you and all you are doing at home to support your student. We know this is not easy and are here to support you and your family. Please reach out to us if you need support or have any questions or concerns.
May the FORCE be with you,
Steele Lane Scholars of the Week
All students who receive a weekly Scholar award will be included in a monthly drawing at the end of the month.
Luis Hernández Silva, Gio Aguilera Rodriguez
Ariande Garcia Bailon & Jake Saman
Ajay Valencia-Lopez, Claudia Guadalupe Perez Reyna
Jorge Aguilera & Calia Clague
Jason Jimenez, Mia Duque
Duwann Walker & Alexa Rueda Cabrera
Allison Menjivar Leveron,
Carely Antelo Roman
Daira Enriquez and Dikshant KC
Ra’ad Pasha and Santana Saunders
Steven Groesbeck & Alexis Guzman
Marisol Rueda Munoz & Jaime Solorio Menera
Anna Zarate, Jesus Gomez
Ian Ramirez, Joceline Ortiz Guido
Valeria Villagomez Vigil (5th) & Briana Williams (6th)
Fatima Lara & Brenda Crespo
Andrew Zaragoza and Raul Enriquez-Medina
Learning Options - Preparing for the Return to School
This is where you will have access to the learning options, and where you can make your choice as soon as possible. We currently have about 115 out of 401 students who have selected an option. This information will give us valuable information when making decisions for the next steps in regards to returning to school. Use this link to access your Parent Portal: Parent Portal Log In Link
YOU WILL LOGIN TO YOUR PARENT PORTAL
GO TO FORMS ON THE LEFT-HAND SIDE
THEN FILL OUT THE FORM FOR EACH OF YOUR STUDENTS
The options are as followed;
1-Online Distance Learning Only
2- Socially-Distanced In-Person Learning
Once you have submitted your learning option you will be included in a drawing at the end of the month!
When you are on campus
As we welcome families/students to campus for our various material distribution, we'd like to remind you of a few health and safety protocols.
1. Please stay home if you or your student:
- exhibit COVID-19 symptoms (i.e. fever of 100.4°F or higher, cough, shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell, etc.)
- tested positive for COVID-19, and are within the 10-day isolation period
- have had close contact (longer than 15 minutes) with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- live or cohabitate with a person who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19
- traveled outside of the state (specifically to high-risk areas) within the past 14 days
2. While on campus, please respect social distancing of 6 feet and wear a mask at all times. We recommend sanitizing your hands prior to and after the event.