What is wind? And what casueses wind?
Have you have seen the trees wave back and fourth? Well if you are wondering what that is that is wind. Wind is the sideways movement of air. The air always moves from am area of high pressure to an area of low pressure.The horizontal movement of air from an area of high pressure to an area of low pressure is heating of referred to as wind.
Do you know what local winds are? Well your about to find out!
- Generally moves short distances and can blow in any direction
Created by the unequal heating of Earth's surface
Caused by geographical features that produce temperature differences
Sea breezes blow because air moves from the ocean to the land creating a sea breeze
Land breeze blows because the low pressure occurs over during the night and high pressure over land due to the uneven heating of Earths surface. This causes wind to move from the land to the ocean creating a land breeze
- Global wind is a wind that blows steadily over long distances. A global wind blows from the same direction every time.
- Global winds are created by the unequal heating of Earths surface.
- Global winds occur over a large area. The sun shines directly over the equator. The sun shines at an angle over the poles.
- Doldrums are at the equator and they are very week and they are also the calm areas around earth.
- Trade winds are wind that lie in between 0 degrees and 30 degrees latitude and are very strong.
- Prevailing Westerlies are winds that lie between 30 degrees and 60 degrees north and south latitude and blow from the west.
- The Jet Stream is a band of very strong winds in the upper troposphere.