Curenton's Class News
Week of October 12, 2015
A Look at the Week and Month
- In math we will begin working with attributes of two-dimensional figures.
- In Science we will take the sprouts the students grew from a seed and transplant them into cups. Students will work together to make a maze for the plants to grow toward the sun. We will begin Wednesday studying the human skeleton and muscles.
- In reading we are working on answering open ended questions.
- We are on Unit 2 Week 2 in Fundations. We are learning about adding suffixes to words.
- Students have been writing stories. Now we are beginning to revise and edit the stories.
- Fun Run October 15 at Memorial Stadium at 10:15.
- Friday October 16th Fall pictures.
- Friday October 16 early release at 12:00.
- October 26th and 27th no school
- October 30th Fall Festival
Students will have homework Monday through Thursday, but will not have it on Friday. Their planners and folders will not come home on Friday so that I can prepare it for the next week.
I have sent the reading response log home with three questions in it. Students are to choose a book that will go with the questions. One question is to be answered a week. The three questions will be due on October 22nd.