From Hamilton To Home
I am SOMEBODY
I and CAPABLE and LOVEABLE
I am TEACHABLE
Therefore, I can LEARN
I will not waste TIME
Because, it is too VALUABLE
And I am too PRECIOUS and BRIGHT
I am SOMEBODY
Please practice the affirmation with your child and review what it means. I am also looking for students who can proudly recite the affirmation during the morning announcements.
SOUTH LIBRARY SHOUT OUT
Some great things happening this month at the Elyria Public Library South Branch:
- Slime Time
- November 15, 4:00 P.M. Cloud Slime for ages 6+ (Registration requested)
- Craft a Snack
- November 22, 4:30 P.M. for ages 10+(Registration requested)
- Movie Matinee
- November 25, 2:00 P.M. for all ages (No registration)
GREAT THINGS HAPPENING AT HAMILTON!!!!!!
HAMILTON TRICK OR TREAT LITERACY NIGHT
ART CLASSES CELEBRATING HISPANIC-LATINO HERITAGE MONTH
7th: Parent Teacher Conferences 3:30 P.M.-7:40 P.M.
8th: Staff Professional Development Day-No School for Students
9th: Parent Teacher Conferences 3:30 P.M.-7:40 P.M.
16th: Picture Retakes
23rd: Conference Makeup Day-No School for Students
24th: Happy Thanksgiving-No School For Students
25th: Thanksgiving Break: No School For Students
30th: Holiday Music Program for 1st and 3rd grade students ONLY 7:00 P.M. at EHS PAC
PICTURE DAY ONLINE ORDER FORM
Use School ID: EVT9CF7HZ
CAR RIDER ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL PROCEDURES:
We are still having issues with families not following the proper car rider drop off/pick up procedures.
PLEASE DO NOT DROP OFF/PICK UP STUDENTS ON 13TH ST. THIS IS A SAFETY MATTER AND WE MUST HAVE PARENTS' COOPERATION!!
- All cars must enter the driveway off of 12th St. off of West Ave and not Middle Ave. and drop off the student so they exit onto the main entrance sidewalk. This is done so car riders do not have to enter the driveway and cross in front of moving traffic.
- Once the student is dropped off, the car will continue to Middle Ave. and exit right onto Middle Ave.
- Doors open at 8:55 A.M. so please keep your child in your car until then.
- All cars must enter the driveway off of 12th St. off of West Ave and not Middle Ave.
- Cars will need to display their blue number card on the dashboard so the staff can see the number. If you need a number, you will register with staff member at the 12th St. driveway entrance or call the main office at 440-284-8007.
- The individual who is picking up the student MUST be listed on the Contact List in PowerSchool so please make sure all of the information is up to date. Proper identification will be required for student pick-up.
- Once the number is received, the number will be communicated with the staff inside the building and the student will exit the building. PLEASE DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR CAR.
- Staff will escort the student to their car so they enter the vehicle from the main entrance sidewalk. This is done so car riders do not have to cross in front of moving traffic to enter a vehicle.
- The staff member will open and close the car door. Staff will not be responsible for buckling students into car seats or securing seat belts on students.
- There will be a line so please be patient. PLEASE DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR CAR OR PARK AND WALK UP TO THE DISMISSAL AREA. Anyone who walks up and asks for their child will be redirected to the 13th St. walker exit.
- If you do not want to wait in the long line, it may be best to arrive between 3:10-3:15 P.M. The line moves fast once the process is followed.
Car riders are NOT permitted to be dropped off on 13th St. for arrival and/or dismissal to cross through traffic and the buses, or on Middle Avenue! This is a safety matter and we must have parents’ cooperation.
HAMILTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Location: 1215 Middle Avenue, Elyria, OH, USA