LCMS Weekly Newsletter
By Tami Gunset
We have started our after-school tutoring for the second round of testing, so it is very important that each of those students assigned are attending tutoring on a weekly basis. Our tutoring will offer students individualized instruction so that they can be successful on their state assessment. Please ensure that your student is attending these after-school sessions. Bus transportation will be provided.
Monday, May 9 - 7th and 6th grade Math
Tuesday, May 10 - 7th and 6th grade Reading
Wednesday, May 11 - 8th grade Science
Thursday, May 12 - 8th grade US History
Summer School is just around to the corner and I will need parents to plan accordingly. We will begin to pull student's previous STAAR scores, unit assessments and final year grade in core course to determine if your child will need to attend summer school. Our summer school program will offer small group individualized instruction to close the learning gaps. Our summer school program will provide that extra attention your child needs to strengthen their weakness in the areas of math and reading. Please be looking for summer school letters to be mailed and plan accordingly.
* Summer School Dates: Monday, June 6 - Wednesday, June 22 from 8am-12pm @ Lubbock-Cooper Middle School
LCMS Parent Survey
Families play an important role in the school success of children. There are many different ways that you can get involved and support your children’s learning. Whether you attend LCMSPTO meetings, volunteer on your child’s campus, help with the book fair, or just read with your child at home each night, you are making a contribution that will help your child do well in school.
Family engagement continues to grow at Lubbock-Cooper Middle School, but we’d like to make it even better and make sure our program meets the needs of families, students, and teachers. You can help us form a better partnership between school and home by answering the questions on the online survey.
Please complete the online survey by Tuesday, April 12.
Middle School Track Championship Concession Stand
Tuesday, April 12 @ Pirate Stadium ~ 5pm-9pm
Middle School Track Championship
Tuesday, April 12th, 5pm
16302 Texas 493 Loop
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Manny has a gift: the ability to connect with, hold the attention of, and energize all kinds of audiences. From inner-city youth to business executives, Manny has learned to speak, and command, the language of his audiences with relevant, riveting, and compelling messages, moving them from cheers, to laughter, to tears, and go-forward determination.
7th grade Boys CITY CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIERS
SHOT PUT- NOAH MARTINEZ
POLE VAULT- BLAZE MCKASKLE, DAWSON PECK
LONG JUMP- NOAH MARTINEZ
800 METER- TREVOR BROWNING
110 HURDLES- CARSON DODSON, JORDAN KIRKPATRICK
400 METER- PATRICK IRISH
300 HURDLES- CARSON DODSON, JORDAN KIRKPATRICK
2400 METER- AIDEN SISCO
TRIPLE JUMP- PATRICK IRISH
DISCUS- NOAH MARTINEZ
8th grade Boys CITY CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIERS
SHOT PUT- GAGE PETERS
HIGH JUMP- KEEGAN DORRIS, ROBERT MOTT
100 METER- ROBERT MOTT, TYLER HAIRSTON, JACOB SCHEAF
1600 METER- JOE PANTOYA, LAZ AMAYA
2400 METER- JOE PANTOYA
7th grade Girls CITY CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIERS
2400 - Kenley Blevins
800 - Taylor McCall
100H - Kealey Benson
400 - Stevi Scholz
300H - Kiersten Bourquin
1600 - Kenley Blevins, Taylor Miller
Discus - Azah Jones
Triple Jump - Ashlynn Terry
Long Jump - Kealey Benson, Abby Miller
High Jump - Kealey Benson
8th grade Girls CITY CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIERS
2400 - Chloe Trull
800 - Kaylee Rendon, Avery Mitchell
100H - Shelby Snead
1600 - Chloe Trull, Kaylee Rendon
1600 Relay -
Discus - Brittany Tyson, Kinsey Cudnoski
High Jump - Shelby Snead, Jenna Patterson, Ali Torres
Student Council - Adopt-A-Highway
2016-2017 Student Council Officer Elections
Are you a leader? Do you want to have a voice in your school? Do you believe in LCMS? Do you want to have fun?! Then you should run for Student Council Office! Campaigning information will be out very soon and elections are on April 25. Please have your child see Mr. Kennedy or Mrs. Brown if interested.
Next Two Weeks Calendar Events
- Monday, April 11 - 6th Six Weeks Begin
- Tuesday, April 12 - Spring Pictures
- Tuesday, April 12 - Lubbock County Track Championship @ Pirate Stadium (4pm)
- Tuesday, April 12 - MS Golf Tournament @ Meadowbrook Golf Course (4pm)
- Thursday, April 14 - Manny Scott Presentation @ PAC (8:30am)
- Thursday, April 14 - NJHS New Member Inductions @ PAC (6pm)
- Friday, April 15 - Snow Day - NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday, April 19 - 6th and 7th grade Roving Chef (11:40am/12:35pm)
- Tuesday, April 19 - MS Golf Tournament @ Meadowbrook Golf Course (4pm)
- Thursday, April 21 - LCISD Board Meeting (7pm)
- Friday, April 22 - iPod, Hat, Holey Jean Day - $1.00 per item
- Saturday, April 23 - Adopt-A-Highway Trash Pick Up Day (8:30am)
- Monday, April 25 - 8th grade FISH Day @ LC High School (8:30am-11:30am)
- Monday, April 25 - 2016-2017 StuCo Elections
| || |
LCMS Parent and Teacher Organization Facebook
LCMS Parent and Teacher Organization Facebook
Attendance Reminders for LCMS:
- School begins at 8:00 AM.
- First bell rings at 7:55 AM.
- Tardy bell rings at 8:00 AM.
- Any arrivals after 8:20 AM are counted as an absence for 1st/9th period.
- If your student is ill, please call in by 10:00 AM. The attendance line phone number is (806) 863-7184 (Sally Aguilar) – it is important to call the attendance line rather than the main line to report an absence.
- Students are allowed up to seven days excused with a parent phone call or parent note.
- After a student's seventh absence, a doctor’s note is required.
- Students are allowed one personal day per year (counted as an excused absence.) Written notice must be approved by campus principal three days prior to the absence. Please keep in mind that the personal day must be taken before the student's seventh absence.