WRMS Family Newsletter
December 2, 2022
Happy Holidays! Felices fiestas! Joyeuses Fêtes! Bonnes fêtes!
It's hard to believe we are halfway through this year. Thank you all for your flexibility and patience as we have navigated through this virtual learning schedule. I know it hasn't been easy but we appreciate your support. Hope you enjoy your holiday break and time with your families.
PBIS Incentive-Hallway Behavior
The focus for this incentive is hallway expectations.
Students are expected to exhibit the following behavior in the hallway:
Important Upcoming Dates
12/7: Dress your best-Wear Bright Holiday Colors
12/8: Wear your favorite holiday shirt
12/12: Ugly Sweater Day
12/13: Merry PJ Day
12/16: Quarter 2 End
12/16-1/2: Holiday Break
1/11: Picture Make-Up Day
1/30: Family Game Night
Updates from the Office
- Students are not able to enter the building until 9:05-even when the weather is inclement (due to staffing), please keep that in mind when dropping students off
- Please make sure you are calling if your student is absent, it must be followed up with a written note or email for it to be excused
- Keep in mind, our goal is to keep your student safe while at school with us. When you approach the front door and ring the intercom, we may or may not ask the reason for your visit. If we recognize you, we will go ahead and let you in. If we are unsure, we will ask your reason for visiting.
- Please call prior to 3pm for any transportation changes. The end of the day can get chaotic as students transition for dismissal.
- If you are picking a student up for early dismissal, do your best to arrive prior to 3:15 to avoid delays in picking up
WRMS Student Council Food Drive
WRMS Student Council will be hosting a WRMS Food Drive. We will be working with the Blessing Box Project. We will be collecting through the month of December
- Toiletries and baby care items are welcome, such as: diapers, band-aids, soap, toothbrushes, etc.
- Unexpired non-perishable foods
- School supplies and pet food are also welcome!
REVISED.....Again....Picture Makeup Day
WRMS Virtual Schedule
WRMS-MAS Dress Up Days
Attendance and HB410
Parents/Guardians are required to report all absences for their child to the school office the day the child is absent. Please call the office at 614-501-5600 and speak to the secretary or leave a message, stating your child’s first AND last name, your name, and the reason for the absence. The school office must be notified of your child’s absence within two hours of the start of the school day. To excuse an absence, the guardian must provide a written or emailed parent note to excuse up to ten (10) absences per school year. The 10 excuse notes can be used for full-day absences, early dismissals and late arrivals. If you have any questions regarding attendance, please call the office.
TARDIES: Students who arrive to school after 9:25am are considered tardy. Those students will need to be brought into the office through the main front doors by a parent/guardian and signed in.
HOUSE BILL 410: If a student reaches Habitually Truant status, families will be contacted to have an Attendance meeting with the child's absence intervention team. During the attendance meeting, a sixty calendar day plan will be developed to monitor student attendance. If you have any questions regarding attendance, please contact Mrs. Kirksey.
Indoor recess will occur if either the temperature or wind chill is below 25 degrees Fahrenheit or outdoor conditions do not permit safe play. If you need assistance with coats or hats, please contact our main office at 614-501-5600
340 South Waggoner Road
Reynoldsburg, OH 43068
Phone: (614) 501-5600
Fax: (614) 501-5622
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.