Personal Response System
What is it?
How much does it cost?
What kinds of questions can be asked?
- Increase attention & student engagement (Kay & LeSage, 2009)
- Allows immediate instructor feedback (Shaprio, 2009)
- Students enjoy clickers, feel more stimulated in class (Shaffer & Collura, 2009)
- Increased depth of student understanding/students say they learn more (Kay & LeSage, 2009)
- Kay, R. & LeSage, A. (2009). Examining the benefits and challenges of using audience response systems: A review of the literature. Computers & Education, 53, 819-827.
Shaffer, D. & Collura, M. (2009). Evaluating the effectivness of a personal response system in the classroom. Teaching of Psychology, 36, 273-277.
Shapiro, A. (2009). An empirical study of personal response technology for improving attendance and learning in a large class. Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 9(1), 13-26.