Northern Hills Library News
Fourth Grade Animal Adaptation Research
Battle of the Books
Second grade kicked off the battle marathon with their annual Fairy/Folk Tale Battle. The winner was Mrs. Leas' Red Riding Hoods. First graders participated in their annual Skippy JonJones battle and Mrs. Ondrias' team was triumphant. Fourth grade battled over 18 chapter books and the winning team was Mrs. McDonald's team. The fourth grade winner went on to represent Northern Hills at the District level and we are so proud of their effort. Third grade closed out the battles with a competition over eight chapter books. The winning team came from Mrs. Dennis's class.
- There is a copy of next year's 4th grade battle list in with the 3rd grader's report cards.
- Second graders can find a list of the third grade battle titles for next year in with their report cards.
Kinder Alphabet Fair
The Alphabet Fair was inspired by the book, A Fabulous Fair Alphabet by Debra Frasier.
What a fun way to celebrate words!
Math in the Library
Nonfiction Text Features Scavenger Hunt
Northeast I.S.D. has complied a district summer reading guide for students and adults alike. In addition, students can earn prizes from businesses and the San Antonio Public Library just by reading.
Please go to the Northern Hill LibGuide for more information by clicking on the teal rectangle below.
This LibGuide provides information about the Northern Hills Elementary Library,
- 998 items were checked out. Kinder-132, 1st-182, 2nd-232, 3rd-78, 4th-118, 5th-218, staff-38
- 153 walk-ins
- 44 lessons were taught. Lessons were taught on nonfiction text features, research and sequencing a story.
- 15 classes came in for check out only.
- Summer Reading!
Follow us on Twitter! N Hills @librarycockers
Find out all the great things going on in the Northeast Libraries.
Follow them on Facebook-NEISD Library Services