Grade 9 Cultural Geography Period G
Sleep Music Delta Waves Relaxing Music To Help You Sleep, Deep Sleep, Inner Peace by NATURALMEDICINE
Globalization, Geography, and a pen
People live in a location, in a manner, and for a reason because of geography and globalization.
Geography and Globalization affect people's lives.
BIC Cristal Pen
1. High-Quality Plastic (body of pen)
2. Kerosene (ink)
3. Stainless Steel (spring)
4. Tungsten (tip of pen)
BIC Cristal Pen Major Factory- France
*black dot-major BIC factory
*black dashed lines-raw materials from countries
Geography affects where the main factory is placed because it is placed in a location with a decent population that can be employed/assist the factory with construction or other jobs, and near several rivers that can be used to transport the finished product or bring in other materials, likely by airplane.
Problems Caused By the Production of Pens
Technological- BIC Cristal Pens are extremely simple while effective, which slows down the need for new technological innovations when there are simple, cheap pen products mass produced.
Cultural- BIC Pens are simple and cheap, causing opportunities for people to choose using them over any traditional writing utensils, such as quills or traditional natural writing utensils.
Economical- BIC Pens are cheap because they are made in other countries, which after the whole process of low-wage workers in the other countries makes a cheap product. The pens being made in the other countries causes less US jobs however, which increases the unemployment rate and weakens our economy.
A Solution to the Enviromental Problem
Positives and Negatives to Globalization
1. Creates more jobs in first/second world countries
2. Increases the connection between countries with trade and communications
3. Helps the USA economy grow and expand over the world
4. Helps second/third world countries
5. Encourages global creativity and innovation
6. Large access to foreign culture
1. Removes jobs from USA
2. Creates the need for more factories which pollute the environment
3. Factories and production centers take up animals'/plants' habitats
4. Encourages sweatshops to produce products cheaper
5. Blends/removes cultural practices
6. Little regulation for working environments/conditions
I am here because of geography.
My parents have jobs with globalization.
How Globalization Relates to Me
Geography Affects People's Lives Because....
The Future of the USA
-More Technology in schools (personal computers for all ages, little to no paper handouts)
-Less parks and nature preserves
-Less forests and jungles
-Necessary breathing devices to filter polluted air
-Increased global temperatures
These events and features will be caused by the expansion of factories and cities, new technology, and the need for eco-friendly items with the mass pollution and carbon dioxide releases caused by factories. I think while globalization is good now, for the environmental aspect of the world globalization is bad and could be the end of the natural world for the start of a concrete jungle,