May 15, 2022
- Chess & Board Games Club - Mon., 5/16, 4:15-5:15 pm in Rm 145
- Speaker Series - Wed., 5/18 (see below)
- Last Day of School for Seniors - Thurs., 5/19
- D303 Graduation - Mon., 5/23 at NIU Convocation Center
- Final Exams for periods 1, 2, and 7 at East/North - Mon., 5/23 (Students who attend Compass full-time have a regular attendance day)
- Regular Attendance Days at Compass (and last days of school) - Tues., 5/24 and Wed., 5/25
SPEAKER SERIES - YOUTH LEADERSHIP & SERVICE OPPORTUNITY
Are you aware of the impact students can have through 4-H? 4-H is delivered by Cooperative Extension, a community of more than 100 public universities across the nation that provides experiences where young people learn by doing. Through life-changing 4‑H programs, nearly six million kids and teens have taken on critical societal issues, such as addressing community health inequities, engaging in civil discourse, and advocating for equity and inclusion for all. To learn more about 4-H and how to get involved this summer, have your student REGISTER HERE.
- Wednesday (5/18), 10:30-11:15 am: Leilah Seigel, U of I Extension - 4H Youth Development
COMPLETE YOUR DAILY LUNCH ORDER, OR COMPLETE YOUR ENTIRE ORDER FOR THE WEEK, BY CLICKING THE BOX BELOW AND MAKING YOUR SELECTION BY 9:45 A.M. MONDAY MORNING.
IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE COMPASS NURSE
Parents/Guardians: Please arrange to pick up your child's medication from the health office by the last day of school. Medication left behind after the last day of school will be promptly discarded/destroyed per pharmacy and state health care standards. Thank you for your cooperation. Please contact the Compass Academy nurse, Jennifer Jones, RN, at 331-228-2780 if you have any questions or concerns about this.
JOB SHADOWING OPPORTUNITIES IN ST. CHARLES - CONTINUING THROUGHOUT THE SUMMER!
Many Compass Academy students are actively engaged in shadowing in this program, and others have already completed their experience. If your student hasn't taken advantage of this opportunity yet, encourage them to do so. In the city's career pathway job shadow program, Compass students can shadow people in many career fields, including engineering, communications, accounting, firefighting, law enforcement, construction, and vehicle maintenance. THE CITY HAS EXTENDED THIS PROGRAM SO THAT STUDENTS CAN PARTICIPATE DURING THE SUMMER, an opportunity to be exposed to various careers of interest while also earning credit at Compass!
Interested students should complete the Registration Form and return it to Ms. Ohlson at Compass Academy.