You can follow him on Twitter @conferringcarl and a great writing (and reading) resource is the Teachers College Reading and Writing Project @TCRWP (and you can also follow them on Facebook). I know I've said it before, but Twitter is a FREE endless resource to connect educators around the world. It allows you to not only find and follow big names in education, but teachers from all around as well. It allows you to see the most current trends, ideas, and experts. Talk about expanding your network of new ideas beyond Googling and TPT (not to knock either of those...)! Give it a whirl! Start small. You may be surprised with what you will find.
Tweet of the Week!
In The Know...
RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS WEEK!
- 2/15: NO SCHOOL
- 2/16: PBIS Committee, 8am
- 2/16: ER: PLC's
- 2/22: SST's
- 2/24: 8:15am Faculty meeting for all ISTEP proctors
- 3/1-3/3: ISTEP testing (make-ups afterward)
High Ability Testing
Grade 2 Terra Nova Thursday, March 10
Grade 3 Terra Nova Thursday, February 25
Grade 4 Terra Nova Thursday, February 18
Grade 5 Terra Nova Thursday, March 17 & Friday, March 18 (only if needed)
NNAT-2/Writing Prompt (gr. 2-5) Monday, February 22
InView Thursday, April 7
Make-up Monday, April 4
Happy Birthday to:
Please welcome Kristina Peters as our temporary 2nd grade IA while Lisa Lage is on leave!
A Big Superstar goes to...
- (from Angie Snodgrass): Sherry for always going above and beyond to fix things for my classroom.
- (from Angie Snodgrass): Heather for finding much needed answers, with many phone calls and conversations, to what we thought was lost NWEA data for a new student.
- (from Angela Talarzyk): Carly Lancaster always goes above and above to help me with visuals to promote Red Ribbon and Random Acts of Kindness Week. She puts in extra time outside of her normal work hours to share her talents and gifts and does it with a smile on her face!
- Carrie Dilley for voluntarily taking her students to a nursing home yesterday after school to pass out Valentines to residents.
- Don't forget, you can nominate a colleague for Superstar recognition in the Friday Focus, or you can share good news so that we can share in your joy as well!