4th Grade Super Sailor Newsletter
Week 6: September 28-October 2, 2015
What are our Super Sailors learning this week?
We finished our first essay last week! We will start our second round of a personal narrative with a specific prompt about a special day. Students will work individually, with writing buddies and with the teacher to go through the writing process.
Remember: your September night write homework is due this week!
The next set of spelling words we will focus on will be long vowels. Our next quiz will be on Friday, October 9th.
Character Trait for the Month: Initiative
Dig a little deeper this week with these discussion
starters about initiative:
• What is the chore or job that you’re expected to do around the house?
• Do you remember to do the chore on your own or notice when it needs to be done, or do you have to be reminded?
• What would happen if you refused to do it or were too busy to notice it needed to be done?
• What chore or job have you done this week on your own that nobody but you knows about?
• What is hard about showing initiative?
• Is there a problem that you see in the world that you think you should help with?
• Make up a pretend “to do” list of what it would take to solve that problem.
Access to Math and Social Studies Textbook Online
Math Textbook Update
Spring Creek Spirit Night
Tuesday, Sep. 29th, 5-7pm
4895 Texas 6
Missouri City, TX
Dear Parents and Guardians,
At Austin Parkway Elementary we strive to provide the best experience possible for our students and their families. We are constantly looking for ways to streamline processes within our building. One of the processes that we are currently working on is that of early dismissal. The policy regarding early dismissal and checkout can be found in the Austin Parkway Elementary Student-Parent Handbook, on our website. Please see below for the excerpt.
In the case of an unforeseen event that causes a change in the way your child goes home please follow these steps.
- Send an email to Ms. Miller before 2:15 p.m., email@example.com
- State in the email:
- Student’s name
- Teacher’s name
- Your name and relationship to student
- Your phone number for verification purposes
- Time of pickup (no dismissals after 2:45 p.m.)
- Reason for last minute change
4th Grade Teachers
Stacey Fessler - Stacey.Fessler@fortbendisd.com
Laurie Grove - Laurie.Grove@fortbendisd.com
Janet Jelinek - Janet.Jelinek@fortbendisd.com
Wakika Newton - Wakika.Newton@fortbendisd.com
Meredith Noe - Meredith.Noe@fortbendisd.com
Holly Rohring - Holly.Rohring@fortbendisd.com
Emily Sanchez - Emily.Sanchez@fortbendisd.com