Wolf Notes (October 2017)
Edmond Santa Fe High School
Important Information and Upcoming Events
- Parent-Teacher Conferences will be on October 16 and 17 from 4:30 pm - 8:00 pm. Plan to stop by and spend about 10 minutes with each of your student's teachers discussing their academic progress so far this year.
- Parents, please remind your students that anything downloaded using District Technology needs to be school appropriate. In an effort to keep students safe, our district partners with a monitoring company to notify us when something in a student's Edmond Schools Google Account might be dangerous or inappropriate in nature. We will communicate with the student and when necessary the student's family about any content that causes concern. When appropriate, we will intervene to protect a student's physical and emotional safety. Also, when appropriate, we will assign discipline consequences for students that use the technology in a way that violates District Rules. Thank you for your help in promoting responsible use of technology by our students!
- Our new South Parking Lot is now open for parking by Visitors and Staff. Please remember that the Front Drive and the Diagonal Parking are designed as ONE WAY moving from East to West; however, once you enter the new South Parking Lot, you may drive in either direction, park in a marked horizontal space, and use either the east entrance/exit (near the stoplight) or the west entrance/exit (without a stoplight) as you come and go.
- Best wishes to our Volleyball team as they compete in the State Tournament next Monday and Tuesday (October 16 and 17) in the Tulsa Area. For the 25th straight year (all 25 years of Santa Fe's existence), our Volleyball Team has qualified for the State Tournament (with 5 previous State Championships).
- Fall Break is October 19, 20, and 23.
- Football will be at home vs. Westmoore on October 19 at 7:00 pm. Football also plays at Yukon on October 27 at 7:00 pm.
- Cross Country Regionals for Boys and Girls will be on Saturday, October 21. (Location and Time TBD). Cross Country will host the 5A and 6A State Championships on Saturday, October 28 here at Santa Fe starting at 10:00 am.
- The Santa Fe Band will compete in the OSSAA Marching Competition on October 24 at Yukon and at the OBA Championships on October 28 in Broken Arrow.
- Congratulations to all the participants in our Debut Talent Show on October 5 and 6!!! The students at Santa Fe are incredibly talented in so many areas of Fine Arts! Please continue to support our Fine Arts Department throughout the year.
- Santa Fe hosted NCHO Orchestra Tryouts on Saturday, October 7. Thank you to all who participated and all who volunteered.
- Vocal Music will have its first concert on Thursday, October 12. Also, best wishes in competition later this month!