The Falcon Flyer
March 10, 2023
From the Principal!
Happy Spring Break! The 3rd Nine Weeks has already come to a close! We had a fun-filled and action packed week! Our 2nd Grade students did an incredible job presenting during their Living Museum and we are so thankful to all of our parents and guests that came to support them! Also, thank you to everyone who attended Family Literacy Night! We are so proud of our Falcons that performed in "Mr. Bookworm" as well as those who participated in the Poetry Slam. It was a wonderful night! Our 4th and 5th Graders wrapped up their Hockey Tournament and even faced off against the staff. I know it is for the kids but I think the adults may have even enjoyed it a bit more than them! Our Falcons got the opportunity to send off the BHS Greyhounds as they compete today at the State Semifinals. What an incredible year for BHS sports it has been! We wish our Greyhounds the best of luck today! Go Hounds Go!
Reminder to all 5th grade families: BOA is on Monday, March 20th when we return from Spring Break! Please ensure you have read all communication from our 5th grade teachers and BOA Directors so that your student will be prepared and ready to go!
Registration for the 2023-2024 school year will be opening tomorrow, march 11th. ALL returning students and future kindergarten students must register in Skyward. Please take the few minutes to get your students registered so that we can start to get an accurate student body count and begin our planning processes for the upcoming year.
Please read through this newsletter for information regarding upcoming events as well as information for the upcoming weeks. As always, please reach out to us if we can help in any way. Have a wonderful and restful Spring Break! Go Greyhounds!!!!
Principal - Fabra Elementary
Important Upcoming Dates
- March 10th - Student Holiday
- March 13th-17th - Spring Break!
- March 20th-22nd - 5th Grade BOA!
- March 23rd - Kindergarten Round-Up @5:30pm
- March 24th - 3rd Grade Attends Boerne Performing Arts
- March 24th - Kindergarten Field Trip to the Zoo
- March 31st - Spring Pictures (Only for those who purchase)
Kindergarten Round-Up is Coming!!!
Good Luck Hounds!!!!
Family Literacy Night!!
Second Grade Living Museum!!!
Career March Madness
Fabra Elementary students are learning about CCMR (College, Career, and Military Readiness) through Career March Madness. Each week, students get the opportunity to learn about different college, trade school, or military careers during their morning meeting time. Students will then vote on which careers they want to continue learning about. The pattern will continue throughout the month of March until a winner has been decided!
News from the Library!
Lost or Damaged Books:
Just a reminder if your child loses or damages a book, you have options.
- You can pay the replacement cost. This is on the overdue notice that is sent home in the green folder. I don't have any change so the exact amount is appreciated. You can write a check. Make it out to Fabra Elementary.
- You can also replace the book with a used copy (Amazon typically has good prices) but it must be a hardcover, please.