NOTES FROM the OFFICE
DUNNING STUDENTS ARE RESPECTFUL, RESPONSIBLE, & READY TO LEARN
Las traducciones de todas las "Notas desde la oficina" están disponibles al desplazarse hasta la parte inferior de cada boletín y hacer clic en la barra negra "Traducir".
Traduções para todos os "Anotações do Office" estão disponíveis rolando até o final de cada newsletter e clicando na barra preta "Traduzir".
All previous Notes From the Office are available by using this LINK.
Dear Parents and Families,
We hope you and your children are staying warm. While it may be hard to believe, spring IS just around the corner, and with spring comes MCAS testing for grades three through five.
Testing will begin on Monday, April 13th and conclude on Tuesday, May 19th. The testing schedule is below. Each testing session will be between 1½ to 2 hours, although students have until the end of the day to finish, if needed. We will be testing each morning on the testing days. It is important for all students to be in attendance and ON TIME.
Should you have any questions about MCAS, please do not hesitate to call us.
As always, thank you for your involvement and support in your child’s education and growth.
If you were not able to make it to one of the performances, you can still watch it. Click HERE to see a video of the dress rehearsal.
kindergarten pre-registration - class of 2033
Online Pre-Registration is Open for Framingham Public Schools Class of 2033!
Parents can now begin the registration process for the incoming Kindergarteners for the 2020-2021 school year.
Families who have a child or children that will be five years old by August 31, 2020 are invited to pre-register their incoming Kindergarteners online. The Parent Information Center, located at 31 Flagg Drive – Door # 4A, has just opened the process that all families must go through before a child can begin their academic career in Framingham Public Schools.
Here is a snapshot of the Kindergarten registration process. Please visit https://www.framingham.k12.ma.us/kindergartenregistration to begin registration and for additional information including detailed steps and timing.
New this year: Parents / Guardians can book their registration appointment online after completing the online pre-registration form.
- Online pre-registration (Now - April 1, 2020)
- Schedule a registration appointment with the Parent Information Center after completing step #1. (December 2019 - April 1, 2020)
- Attend the Kindergarten Information Expo (Monday, January 13, 2020)
- Tour Elementary Schools (March 2020)
- Submit School Choice Form by Wednesday, April 8, 2020)
- Receive school assignment by May 15, 2020
- Attend Kindergarten Orientation on Monday, June 1, 2020
As always, the Parent Information Center welcomes parents to call or come in to the office with any questions. They are open year round and can be reached at the following times:
- Monday: 8:00am - 6:00pm**
- Tuesday through Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Closed on weekends
- ** Extended hours are available on regular school days only; Please check the FPS School Calendar for holidays and school closings.
Se habla Español / Falam Português
Framingham Public Schools looks forward to welcoming the class of 2033!
School Hours 9:15am - 3:30pm
Students are welcome to begin arriving at school at 9:00 am, when teachers will be present to greet them.
Early Release Days
- Students are dismissed at 1:05pm.
- Lunch IS served.
- If your child rides the bus, you can expect them to arrive at their stop approximately two and a half hours earlier than normal.
- Early Release Thursdays: 10/17, 10/24, 10/31, 11/7, 12/5, 3/5, 4/30, 5/7, 5/14, 5/21, 5/28
- Students are dismissed at 12:30pm.
- Lunch IS NOT served.
- If your child rides the bus, you can expect them to arrive at their stop three hours earlier than normal.
- Half Days: 11/27 and the last day of school.
Please check the calendar each Notes From the Office as dates may be changed and/or added.
- No School Presidents' Day
Tuesday, 2/18 - Friday, 2/21
- No School February Recess
- Citywide PTO Meeting at Dunning, 6:30 - 9:00pm
- Fourth Grade Origami In-House Presentation
- No School Teacher Professional Development Day
- Explorers Program Open House, 6:00 - 7:30pm (Dunning Cafeteria)
- Early release, 1:05pm Dismissal, Lunch IS Served
- Fourth Grade Field Trip to the Boston Symphony Orchestra
- PTO Meeting, 7:00 - 8:00pm (Media Center)
- Kindergarten Discovery Museum In House Workshop
- No School - Good Friday
- No School - Patriots' Day
- No School - Spring Recess
care and share
The Jane Shapiro Care and Share began in 1995 as a Dunning School community service project. Each month a specific food item is collected at the school to help keep A Place to Turn's shelves stocked. What a great sharing and learning project! Donations are gathered up by the students and then with help from staff, they are delivered to A Place to Turn. Learn more about A Place to Turn here.
Thank you for your contributions to A Place to Turn during the year. Our monthly food collection makes a huge difference in our community, while teaching our students the importance of giving.
- February: Rice
- March: Crackers
- April: Spaghetti
- May: Juice Boxes
- June: Cans of Tuna Fish
Last NO Homework Day
- April 30, 2020
November Distribution Flyers
- Framingham Youth Hockey
- Nick Cerio's Kempo Karate
- StarFun Theater Camp
- Performance Art Center of Metrowest
- Framingham Parks and Recreation
- Suburban Athletic Programs
- Holiday Market Place
- Department of Public Works Open House
Visit the Dunning website
join the dunning pto fb page
follow us on twitter