GCSE PE CPD 2013-2014
Designing great theory lessons
This is a brand new online training course. The online training course will focus on using a bank of evidenced based practice and educational research, the session looks at designing great GCSE PE theory lessons. It will focus on everything from planning, using learning intentions effectively, high impact feedback strategies, questioning and much much more. The session is aimed to ensure what we do in the classroom has maximum effect and improves the quality of learning
- Planning: Principles and ideas for lessons and scheme structure.
- Learning intentions: How to use them effectively as part of your learning design.
- Questioning: Asking the right questions. Involving the whole class. Using questioning to judge learning.
- Feedback: What works, why and how.
- Designing learning: Forget activities and focus on learning.
- Differentiation: Ideas to cater for all