Marching into May
Updates for the coming month!
Reminders and Events
- Friday Reports will come home this week.
- Monday Folders will be sent home on Tuesday. Due to a schedule change we were unable to get them passed out today!
- Principal Pass- After Spring Break, students in 5th grade received their Principal Pass. This pass is their ticket into all 5th grade activities for the end of the year. Students are responsible to keeping track of their pass. This pass can be lost due to behavior. For example, earning three strikes in our classroom can lead to a loss of the pass. Students may earn their pass back in a week's time, as long as there are no other multiple strike days.
- No Homework- Students who are in possession of their Principal Pass have no homework for the months of May and June. If the pass is taken, homework will be given.
- Science DCAS- The 5th grade will be taking the Science DCAS next week (514-5/16). Students have been reviewing concepts learned throughout their elementary school careers with homework, morning work, and an extra science practice session during the school day.
- BYOD- Our class has been chosen to pilot the district's Bring Your Own Device initiative. Permission forms for this program were sent home prior to DCAS. You will be receiving a letter further explaining this pilot in Monday Folders. I would like to start using devices in our classroom on Friday next week and continue weekly on Wednesday's and Friday's for the remainder of the school year.