Jim Crow Laws
By: Hunter Beatty and Clayton Jones
What were the Jim Crow Laws
- a majority of American states enforced segregation through "Jim Crow" laws
- Delaware to California, North Dakota to Texas, many states could enforce legal punishments on people for socializing with people of another race.
- The most common types of laws did not allow intermarriage and ordered business owners and public institutions to keep their black and white people separated.
When were the Jim Crow Laws start and outlawed
- The Jim Crow Laws started around the 1880s
- The Jim Crow Laws started the segregation era
- They lasted into the 1960s then slowly started to fade away due to the end of segregation
What were Jim Crow Laws?