WEEK 4 AGENDA
Monday- Bring 2 rocks. Due September 22nd
Science Extended Learning Activity Due Friday. Observe any object at home. In Science spiral, complete O.R.Q (chart in spiral).
Tuesday- Mrs. Adair's Library Day.
Wednesday- Mrs. Buchmiller's Library Day.
Thursday- Ms. Ballenger's Library Day.
Friday- Mrs. Zembower's Library Day.
Wear your favorite spirit wear.
Weekend- Have a fantastic weekend :)
WHAT ARE WE LEARNING ABOUT THIS WEEK?
SCIENCE: Over the next few weeks, students will be working to answer the question: How can we teach students about the Earth’s features and resources? Throughout this unit, students will show their learning by:
· recording detailed observations of the Earth’s surface and features
· describing and comparing the physical properties of rocks
· describing natural sources of water
· communicating information about the Earth’s surface and its features
· working collaboratively to create a presentation showing the Earth’s features and resources
We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. You can support your child’s learning by talking with your child about this unit and encouraging her/him to ask questions and think hard.
We are looking forward to our Earth Experts embarking on their journey of learning!
LANGUAGE ARTS/SOCIAL STUDIES: citizenship; students will understand the characteristics of a good citizen.
Comprehension strategy: Main Idea & Details
Grammar: Subject/Verb Agreement
Writing: sentence type