Tech It Out! #34
September 8, 2015 - Google Classroom
Enhance Teaching. Empower Learning.
**Even More MAP Testing Info**
- Step-by-step proctoring instructions can be found on the district website. This walks you through how to manage & proctor your testing sessions.
- Test directions (to read out loud to students) will be in your mailbox.
- For MAP testing, students will need to log into computers using the TEST account instead of the Lincoln account. The TEST account password is lmstest - feel free to share with students. There is a MAP testing shortcut on the desktop that will take them to the sign in screen for MAP.
- For the math test remind students to bring a pencil and let Mike know if you do not have enough printer/scratch paper.
- Get in touch with me if you have ANY questions!!
What is it?
Google Classroom is a learning management system that allows teachers to hold online classroom discussions, assign homework, send announcements, and more. If you are familiar with Edmodo, it is similar and automatically integrates with Google accounts. Watch the video below for a quick overview!
Sign up for an Open Tech Lab!
During MAP testing, I have after school availability for Open Tech Labs. Sign up to learn about Google Classroom in a small group setting! If after school doesn't work for you, let me know and we can schedule a 1-on-1 session.
Check out the videos below if you want to teach yourself how to use Google Classroom. They are divided into 3 minute bite-size segments :)
Create & Navigate Classes
Google Classroom Intro
Google Classroom Stream
Google Classroom Student