LIFT Weekly Update
All about the Student Ministry at First Baptist Covington.
This week at LIFT, we've got a little FREE DINNER provided by some parents, a time of worship, and a brand new series on the book of Philippians! And remember, coming up at the end of the year, we'll give you the chance to share how God has worked in your life this semester, so let Him work!
Also, don't forget about our wonderful Prayer Breakfast at 7am for HS and 8am for MS every Tuesday!
LifeLine is on for this Sunday Night continuing with our new series called Life Lessons! We are very excited about this because it will give our students the opportunity to learn some great life skills from some wonderful older church members. They'll learn all kinds of stuff from baking biscuits from scratch to automotive repair and self defense! This Sunday's lesson is about Personal Finance! Come learn about how to handle your money!
Be sure to check out our SNACK SUPPER SCHEDULE below! We've added a parent-provided meal once a month, and the students LOVE it! Click on the picture below to see when you're up!
Finally, we have made our choice for Summer Camp 2014! We will be going to Student Life at Myrtle Beach June 16-20, 2014 for an amazing week of mission work, incredible worship services with David Platt and Kristian Stanfill, and great bonding time at the beach. It is sure to be an extremely impactful week, so mark your calendars now!
Also, keep these upcoming dates on your radar:
- Bonfire Night -- Oct. 23rd 5pm - 8pm
- Separate Guys/Girls Retreats Nov. 1-3
- LIFT Christmas Party Dec. 11
- Ski Trip Feb. 18-21, 2014
LifeLine is back this week with a new Life Lesson! 6-7:15pm!
Tuesdays 7am and 8am in the Annex!
Snack Supper Schedule
We now provide Snack Supper for our students once a month at LIFT! Check out this schedule to see when it's your turn!
Last Week's Message from LIFT
· What is the one thing on Earth (not a person) that would break your heart the most if you lost it?
· What is the danger of pouring your heart into material things?
· Can you trust in things in eternity?
· What damage does it do to love things?
· What does it mean for God to be above all material things in your heart?
· What can you do to keep from trusting and loving material things?