Putting the Pieces Together
Tips for a Successful Writer’s Workshop
2. Know your standards and learning targets.
3. Model writing in front of students.
4. Start with a read-aloud.
5. Keep writing tools handy.
6. Keep a timer going…students write the whole time.
7. Allow for flexibility.
8. Incorporate peer feedback.
9. Give teacher feedback, too.
10.Keep inspiration handy.
11.When appropriate, give students a choice.
12.Host a celebration for writing.
13.Keep work to show growth.
14.Demonstrate your love of writing.