From Phonics to Fluency
Developing Reading Proficiency
December 18, 2017 / Arlington, TX
Reading Proficiency is the Goal!
Who Should Attend?
- Authentic and engaging ideas for teaching phonics & fluency
- Igniting a passion for reading
- Strategies for developing accuracy and automaticity
- Authentic classroom practice for fluency development
- Techniques and activities for decoding and encoding
- Fluency Practice Ideas
- Techniques and activities to develop reading fluency and comprehension
- Spelling Instruction Strategies
- Word Work strategies & activities that build word knowledge
- Assessment ideas for phonics and fluency
- Lesson Planning Guidance
- Analyzing grade level expectations for Phonics, Fluency, and Vocabulary
- And Much More!!
Meet the Presenters!
Randi Anderson is an elementary educator, blogger, and staff developer with almost 10 years of experience. She taught third and fourth grade in title one schools in the Fort Worth area. Before entering the classroom, Randi studied early childhood education and English as a second language at The University of Texas at Austin. She has a strong passion for making reading and writing authentic and engaging for her students.
"Very meaningful seminar! Being able to apply a hands on approach where students are able to take ownership in their learning across the content is great!" -Corina G.
"Best one yet! Loved it! Great resources & strategies!" - Lindsay T.
"High energy, interesting presentation! Very useful information and materials!" Luis P.
$225 Per Participant
Contact us for early bird or group discounts!
You can register by faxing, Calling, or Emailing your registration form in.
Purchase Orders are accepted.
We accept cash, check, or credit card.
Please Make Checks or Purchase Orders out to Kelly Harmon & Associates.
Call (817) 583-1290
Fax (972) 369-7327
For more Information Please contact us!
From Phonics to Fluency Seminar
Monday, Dec. 18th, 8:30am
4201 Reggis Court
Fort Worth, TX
Location is the Hampton Inn & Suites DFW
Monday, December 18, 2017
8:30am - 3:30pm
Lunch on Your Own
6 Hours of Professional Learning Credit Will be Earned by Each Participant
Each participant will receive a handout of resources and an online code to to access products discussed.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Practicing Skills, Processes, & Strategies
Kelly Harmon & Robert Marzano teamed up to write Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes. The book is part of the Essentials for Achieving Rigor Series.
Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes: Classroom Techniques to Help Students Develop Proficiency explores explicit techniques for mastering this crucial strategy of instructional practice. It includes:
- Explicit steps for implementation
- Recommendations for monitoring students’ ability to develop fluent thinking
- Adaptations for students who struggle, have special needs, or excel in learning
- Examples and non-examples from classroom practice
- Common mistakes and ways to avoid them