News and Updates from Mrs. Adelman - October 9, 2020
From the Desk of Mrs. Adelman
Hi Warwick Bears!
It was wonderful to welcome our hybrid 1 students back to the building this week. The students did a wonderful job with social distancing and demonstrating the new procedures at school. We are so proud of our Warwick Bears!
Our students are learning in a multitude of ways and we recognize that this is new for everyone. At times students will be completing assessments virtually, and I am asking that parents/caretakers not assist students. As educators, we need to be able to gain an accurate picture of a student's abilities. We recognize that parents/caretakers have the best intentions and only want to help the student maintain focus, please do not help students during assessments. Thank you in advance!
Please reach out with any questions.
Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Amy Adelman
Warwick Directory Coming Soon
The Warwick Directory will be published in next week's edition of The Warwick Weekly. This includes information extracted from the Parent Portal. It contains your child's name, grade, teacher, address, parent emails and contact information. Virtual families, the plan is to publish your information in the home school's directory of your child's teacher. Likewise, families who have children in your child's class, whose information is published in their home school's directory, will also be invited to have their information published in ours.
The school directory is a password protected document and is not used for business or marketing purposes; it is merely just a resource that enables the families in our community to contact one another.
IF YOU WISH TO OPT OUT of the Warwick Directory, and/or another school's directory, please email Noelle Taggart by 12:00 Noon Monday, October 13th.
Warwick Themes in our Community
If your child demonstrates our Warwick themes outside of school, please be sure to share those stories with Mrs. Adelman! firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Students - Materials Distribution Schedule
Dear Central Bucks Virtual Academy Parents/Guardians,
Our virtual teachers will need to distribute materials on an ongoing basis to support instruction. To simplify the process, especially for families with children in multiple grade-levels, we have developed a schedule that will allow materials to be picked up for all grade-levels on specified dates. The first Virtual Academy materials distribution will be Wednesday, October 14th. At Warwick we will have bins inside the main doors, labeled by grade level. Please contact the main office with any questions.
Health Check Reminder
1. Please monitor your child daily for fever and/or other signs of COVID-19. Be sure to keep students home if they have one of the following symptoms –cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new lack of smell or taste; or two of the following symptoms – fever, sore throat, runny nose/congestion, chills, muscle pain, nausea or vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and fatigue.
2. Students with fever/symptoms/with no known COVID-19 exposure may return to school when asymptomatic and fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication; or confirmation of alternative diagnosis by health care provider.
3. Families are required to report confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19 to the School Nurse.
4. Students who exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19 during the school day will be placed in isolation and masked until arrangements are made for dismissal.
5. Students with positive COVID-19 test may return to school after 10 days have passed since the symptoms first appeared and being fever-free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication. The student will need to produce the Isolation Release Letter from the Bucks County Department of Health.
6. Students returning after COVID-19 infection will be checked by the School Nurse prior to returning to the classroom.
7. If a student is exposed to a person with a positive COVID- 19 test, the student will have to quarantine for 14 days. If the student becomes symptomatic, they will be treated as a positive COVID-19 case and will need to isolate at home for 10 days from the date that the symptoms began.