Tech Tips #22
Week of March 31, 2014
What is it?
Edmodo is a free and safe way for students and teachers to connect and collaborate. Teachers create groups for each of their classes. They can create notes, alerts, assignments, quizzes, and polls. Students can access Edmodo from any Internet connected device at school or at home.
After creating an account, teachers should create groups for their classes. Group creation is simple and easy.
Edmodo - Group Creation
- Assessments - Use the Edmodo quiz builder or poll feature to assess students' learning before, during, or after a unit of study.
- Build Digital Citizenship Skills - Enforce online etiquette guidelines for students when using Edmodo to build digital citizenship skills.
- Sub-Hub - Communicate with your students when you're out of the classroom, or provide updates to students who are absent from class.
- Backchannel Discussions - Inspire real-time discussions and extend learning beyond the classroom walls.
- Differentiated Instruction - Deliver differentiated content in your classroom through the use of small groups and shared folders.
- School Clubs - Create a group to coordinate meetings, practice, and events.
Want to learn more? Take the course.
To receive 2 hours of professional development credit:
- Enroll in the Edmodo Boot Camp Eduphoria eCourse.
- Complete the course at your own pace using Eduphoria (on a computer) or iTunesU (on an iPad).
- Score at least 70% on the quiz in Eduphoria.
GCCISD Educational Technology
We are here to help! Contact us!
Lori Roberts - REL Feeder Ed Tech Specialist
Regina Rogers - GCM Feeder Ed Tech Specialist
Robyn Sewell - RSS Feeder Ed Tech Specialist