May Faculty Meeting
Tuesday, May 2, 2016
ACS District Goals
Expand access to district preschool programs and ensure our preschool students meet district achievement goals.
We will strengthen core instruction so that all subgroups will be successful without the need for a supplemental instruction as measured by number of students receiving interventions.
The Whole Child-Resiliency. Adaptation. Success.
Asheville City Schools will assess and restructure operational systems in an effort to address the needs of the whole child by providing opportunities to ensure all students graduate college and/or career ready.
Claxton School Improvement Goals
Create a more inclusive school culture by equipping staff with new strategies for recognizing and supporting the strengths and needs of the whole child.
Goal #2 Academic Achievement
62.6% of our black students will be proficient in reading by 2018 as compared to in 2015.
Goal #3 Academic Achievement
61.2% of our black students will be proficient in math by 2018 as compared to in 2015
Goal #4 Whole Child
Increase parent involvement of our at-risk student population as identified by students in the red or yellow on MCLASS DIBELS/TRC.
May/June/July Birthdays . . . Did I miss anyone?
Richard Rice May 16
Chris Carter June 5
Jesse Swain June 14
Susan McMillan June 16
Ximena Smith June 21
James Cassara June 26
Vandora Henderson July 6
Kathy Ornato July 6
Tom Godleski July 10
Penelope Tax July 12
Kalen Quinn July 28
Sophie Poore July 30
- Thank you to Cindy Baldwin and Brooks Butler for an amazing musical.
- Thank you to Michelle Then,
- Thank you to Amy Brown and Kimberly Eggett for embracing the installation of the observation bee hive.
- Thank you to our Racial Equity & Leader in Me teams for all your hard work in preparing for your end of the year reports.
- Thank you to the custodial team for working extra hours to ensure that we were ready for the play and that it was broken down.
- Thank you to Tom Godleski for blowing off the sidewalks before the play.
- Thank you to Molly Peeples for weeding along Hillside and Merrimon and enduring the honks and hollers she got on Merrimon.
- Shout outs from the crowd . . .
HABIT 7 Sharpen the Saw
UPCOMING EVENTS FOR MAY & JUNE
Sun., May 1, Claxton Play The Nifty Fifties 1:30 am
- Monday, May 2, through Friday, May 6, Teacher Appreciation Week
- Tuesday, May 3, Faculty Meeting at 3:30 in the media center
- Monday, May 9, School Improvement Team Meeting
- Tuesday, May 10, ACS Teacher Recruitment Fair at Central Office
- Monday, May 16, through Friday, May 20, EOG Spirit Week
- Friday, May 20, Spring Book Fair begins
- EOG Tests May 24-June 7
- Friday, June 3, Field Day
- Monday, June 6, Kindergarten registration & Variety Show
- Tuesday, June 7, K Graduation & Awards Ceremony
- Wednesday, June 8, 5th Graduation at 9:00
- Thursday, June 9, Staff EOY Celebration @ Salvage Station