March is Woman's History Month!
Tuesday edition of Monday Memo, March 15, 2016
Did you know...
Dates to Note:
- No indoor Golf Practice
- Oak Farm High School Conversation Continues 6-7:30 pm @ Middle School
Wednesday, March 16:
- Lower Elementary Science Fair 6-7 pm @ Lower Elementary (both buildings)
- Outdoor Golf Practice Begins! 4-5:30 pm @ Cobblestone Golf Course
- Cross-Stitching Club (last session) 3:30-4:30 pm @ Red Barn
Thursday, March 17:
- Happy St. Patrick's Day!
- First night of Track Practice 3:45-5 pm @ Middle School
- SteAm club (last session) 3:30-4:30 pm @ Art Center
- Transitioning to High School: A Conversation with High School Freshman 6-7:30 pm @ Middle School
Friday, March 18:
- Oak Farm's Got Talent - Talent Show! 1-2:45 pm @ Oak Farm Art Center
Monday, March 21:
- Outdoor Golf Practice 4-5:30 pm @ Cobblestone Golf Course
Wednesday, March 23:
- No Golf Practice
- School Closed to all Students, Parent/Teacher Conferences Begin 11am-7pm Campus Wide
Thursday, March 24:
- School Closed to all Students, Parent/Teacher conferences continue 8am-4pm, Campus Wide
Friday, March 25 - April 4:
- School Closed to all Students - Good Friday and Spring Break!
A Moment With Macy......
Can you guess who the celebrity is in his yearbook picture?
YEARBOOK - WHO HAS ORDERED?!
Macy will be sending each classroom a list this week of which students have purchased a yearbook. We thought you would want to have this information in case any parent or student asks. You can also refer them to Macy in case there are other questions. Yearbooks cost $25 and we will be sending home a flyer on how to order.
FEED THE TEACHERS
The route we went in the fall was a hit.... parents & teachers all liked the shift of having a sack lunch delivered to your classroom the two days of conferences rather than a bunch of food in each building. Macy will be sending out a "sign-up genius" form for parents to choose when and whom they would like to feed. Once there is someone signed up for your classroom, Macy will let you know who so you can let them know directly of any dietary restrictions.
Please note, that due to the teachers having a VERY busy schedule these days (and every day, really!), only the classroom teachers will benefit from this. Specialists & Admin... anyone want to organize a pot-luck?! :)
March's newsletter will be published next Thursday. Please send articles and photos to Macy ASAP - no later than Monday afternoon. Thank you!
The Importance of Disaster Prevention....
Alerts will be done via tornado siren, air horn, or verbal announcement using phone page, radio page or in person.
Tornado Shelter Areas (All Safe refuge supplies are to be stored in these locations)
- Victorian Farmhouse - Multi Purpose Room
- Red Barn - Basement
- Green Farmhouse - Basement
- Upper Elementary - Basement
- Middle School - Basement
- Art Center - Bathrooms
Procedures - Teachers, Co-Teachers, Assistants, & Specialists
- Get Attendance book, hand-held radios & emergency bag
- Inspect bathrooms and other classroom area for students
- Instruct students to line up for evacuation to the tornado shelter and do a head count.
- Lead the students to the appropriate tornado shelter. If possible, have one faculty member lead the students remain in line and are accounted for.
- Keep students quiet and calm.
- At the tornado shelter, verify head count.
- If tornado is imminent, instruct everyone to "duck and Cover".
- Report any missing or injured students to Crisis Response Team via hand-held radio or phone page.
- Remain with students.
- Listen for further instructions via hand-held radio or phone page.
While the 8th years....
Hands on learning about the Oregon Trail with the DeKalb county Draft Horse Association
High ropes, and
the 7th years will play.....
Pat's Scavenger hunt for lunch!
A Bit with Brenda....
Lifting it up with Lori Z.!
The first Track Practice starts Thursday night @ the Middle School @ 3:45. So bring your running Shoes, shorts and be ready to go!
Outdoor golf is here! Starting this week Golf will be outdoors! Whoopeeee!!
Sitting Spot Word of the Week:
A quality of spirit that enables you to face danger of pain without showing fear.
Please take some time and watch the video below. Some thoughts to chew on! (This applies to men too!!)
Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love!