Important Information from Miss Cappuccino and Mr. Zlupko
November 7, 2022
Mr. Z and I are extremely grateful for all our students, staff and the work they do each and every day. We are also grateful for our PTO and all our parents/guardians who continue to support and partner with us to provide the best learning and school experience we can for all our students. It truly takes a villiage to support a child, and we are lucky to have each of you in our village!
In the spirit of gratitude, we would love to hear from our valued families about who and what you are grateful for at Grandview Elementary and Morrisville Intermediate School. Please take a brief moment to express your gratitude to our amazing staff by Friday, November 18, 2022.
Your words of appreciation make a great impact on our school climate and culture. We will compile all responses and share them with the staff on Novemeber 23rd before they leave for the break.
We wish you all a safe, healthy and Happy Thanksgiving!
A Note of Gratitude
During the month of November, Grandview Elementary and Morrisville Intermediate School staff and students will be reflecting on on what we are grateful for in class. We would love to hear from our valued families about what and who you are grateful for at Grandview Elementary and Morrisville Intermediate School.
Citizens of the Month
This month our Citizen of the Month trait is Community. We are encouraging our students to positively contribute to their classroom, our school and Morrsiville Community!
Parent-Teacher Report Card Conferences
Our Parent-Teacher Report Card Conferences will be held on Tuesday, November 22nd (12:45 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.) and Wednesday, November 23rd (8:00 - 11:00 a.m.). We will be offering either an in-person conference or a virtual conference this year.
Parent-Teacher Report Card Conference Letters were sent home on Friday, November 4th in your child's Friday Folder. You may also find a copy attached below.
We strongly encourage all parents to attend their child's conference. We look forward to seeing you there!
A Message from Farmer Mel
Power School Parent Access - Report Cards
Did you know you can view your child's grades through the Power School Parent Portal?
For any parent who has not logged into the PowerSchool Parent Portal, we strongly encourage you to log in. Please see below for information on how to get connected with your Parent School Parent Access.
If you have any questions regarding the use of PowerSchool please contact Katlin Foley, Operations Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intermediate Student Government Food Drive
- Cranberry sauce
- Canned Yams
- Canned Gravy
- Boxed Mashed potatoes
- Canned Corn
- Canned Green Beans
- Boxed or Bagged Stuffing
- Any Non-Perishable Canned or Boxed Dry Goods
This Month in Classroom Champions....
Students will learn to understnd that we all need support to accomplish our goals and our communities are a great source of this support. Community service has long been seen as an effective way to build empathy in children and adolesents. This month, our students will learn what it means to be a postiive community member and how to contribute to their classroom, school and Morrisville community.
You can learn more about you can continue the conversation around Community at home from Olympic Track and Field Silver Medalist, Trey Hardee by clicking the link below.
Parents Make A Difference Newsletter
Important Dates to Know
- 11/1 - Citizen of the Month Assembly (Students and Staff Only)
- 11/2 - Intermediate Student Government Meeting - 8 a.m. - Intermediate Cafeteria
- 11/3 - PTO Meeting - 6 p.m. - Grandview Elementary Cafeteria
- 11/6 - Daylight Savings Time Ends
- 11/8 - Schools Closed for Students - Staff Professional Development Day - Election Day
- 11/9 - School Board Agenda Meeting - 7:30 p.m.
- 11/11 - District Closed in observance of Veterans Day
- 11/14 - Early Dismissal - 11:30 a.m. / End of Quarter One
- 11/15 - Quarter Two begins
- 11/16 - School Board Meeting - 7:30 p.m.
- 11/17 - PTO Meeting - 6 p.m. - Grandview Elementary Cafeteria
- 11/18 - PTO Pretzel Fundraiser Day
- 11/21 - Snipes Farm Nutrition Lesson - Kindergarten and 1st Grade
- 11/22 - Early Dimissal - 11:30 a.m. / Report Card Conferences
- 11/23 - Schools Closed for Students / Report Card Conferences
- 11/24 - 11/25 - Distrct Closed in observance of Thanksgiving
- 11/28 - Snipes Farm Nutrition Lesson - 2nd and 3rd Grade
- 11/29 - Snipes Farm Nutrition Lesson - 4th Grade
- 11/30 - Snipes Farm Nutrition Lesson - 5th Grade