Taylor ISD DuckLink #24
empowering student success and school improvement
Online Classroom Newsletters
Writing Tools for Students
- Smore- Quickly create flyers and newsletters for various occasions including text, a gallery of pictures, a map, audio, video, and links.
- Tackk- Piece together an individual or group writing project using this online tool. Add text, photos, video, audio, maps, and forms.
- Gaggle Blogging (4th-12th)- Instead of the traditional journal entry why not have students blog in Gaggle.
- Read Write Think Student Interactives- These online tools help students with literacy while using interactive tools. They can learn to organize their thoughts to learning about language.
- Writing Fix- This site provides many writing prompts to help take your students to the next level.
Black History Heroes Come to Life
Are you looking for fun and creative ways to share the lives of great Black History Heroes? How about using one of the fantastic augmented reality apps in your classroom. Here is the idea.
- Provide a list of 30 to 40 Black History Heroes from which students can choose.
- Have each student pick a different person and conduct research to learn more about them. You decide the method and criteria by which they complete the research.
- Have them find a partner and take turns recording a video with an iPad sharing about their person. Try to keep each video under a minute.
- After each video is complete, upload it with the Aurasma app to your classroom channel.
You can learn more about Augmented Reality from the great @KleinErin.
Here is a post she did on the topic back in May 2013. Tons of Classroom Examples Using Augmented Reality with @Aurasma