Technology Information & More 2018 - 2019
Why do I need to restart my computer?
Restarting your laptop is equivalent to you getting 8 hours of sleep. When you restart your laptop, the laptop is refreshed.
Most laptop issues can be resolved by restarting your laptop. Look at the examples below:
· If your laptop is running slow
· If your laptop is acting “weird”
· Unexpected system freeze-ups
· Driver or hardware error
· Lagging Internet speeds
· Connecting to the internet
Holding down the power button puts your laptop in sleep mode and does not actually restart the laptop. Watch the video below to learn how to shut down or restart the FWISD student laptop.
All your web-based applications in one place.
Click on the icon and you will automatically be signed in.
Lost/Stolen Student Laptops
FWISD Google Accounts
S(student id #)@students.fwisd.org.
or use my.fwisd.org
Remember to log out of all other Google accounts before signing into your FWISD account.
Protect Your Laptop
The Computer Lady
How to Change Your Password
*You must be on the Fort Worth ISD Network to change your password.
Simultaneously click the CTRL+ALT+DELETE buttons on your keyboard and select change
password on the screen.
Guidelines for Password Requirements
· User cannot create passwords identical to the previous three (3) passwords
· Password must be a minimum length of eight (8) characters
· Password must have one uppercase character (A through Z)
· Password must have one lowercase character (a through z)
· Password must have one number (0 through 9)
· Password must have at least one non-alphanumeric character (ex: !, $, #, %)
· Do not use your username as your password