Lowell Memo: Issue #27
May 23, 2014
Published by Lowell School & the Lowell PTA
There is no school Monday, May 26th in observance of Memorial Day. See you Tuesday!
New to the Nest 2014-15
- Mrs. Kuta will be teaching 1st grade
Can’t be at Discovery Day but would still like to help in a REALLY BIG WAY????
Please consider donating some of the items listed below. There is a collection box for donations in the school office. Thank you!
Items Needed for Discovery Day
- Girls size plain flip flops – (Dollar Store has some)
- Fabric strips (1 inch x 14 or 15 inches)
- Duct Tape – Patterns please (no silver)
- Metal Key rings (any size)
- Satin 1/8 ribbon (any color)
- Pony Beads
- Fuse/Perlar Beads (small size)
- Colorful Tissue Paper
- Green Pipe Cleaners
- Rainbow Loom Rubber Bands
- Large Mason Jars/Pickle Jars
- Pin the Tail on the Donkey
- Birthday candles, plates, cups, napkins
- Crepe Paper
- Plastic forks and spoons (approximately 40)
- Glass marbles/glass stone pieces from Dollar Store
- Round Foil Aluminum Cake Pans – deep ones
- Paper plates
- Plastic bags (gallon, quart and sandwich)
- Paper towels
- Wax Paper
- Small plastic cups
- Long wooden skewers
- Cotton balls
- 3 rolls of soft, absorbent paper towels
- 3 boxes of Kleenex
- 3 disposable tablecloths
- 30 8 oz. size solo cups
- Large Pretzel Rods
- Bakers Premium White Chocolate (4 boxes)
- Small pretzel sticks
- 5-6 bags semi sweet morsels
- 1 block of Crisco
- 3 bags mini morsels
- Plastic Spoons
Breakfast program coming to Lowell in Fall 2014! Watch the Memo for more information!
Parent Coach(es) Needed for Battle of the Books team or it will be cancelled!
Currently there are no coaches to keep the program running for this fall. Wheaton Public Library needs to know if Lowell plans to compete by early June!!
Next year's Battle of the Books (BoB) season is just around the corner and Wheaton Public Library has released the new reading list!
Students need to start now to read the 50 book titles and compete against other local schools next January through March. Battle of the Books is open to all interested readers who will be in the 4th and 5th grade this fall!