Week of April 27, 2015
A Note From Dr. Johnston
Tuesday, April 28
BASEBALL (V) @ Mesquite Poteet
BASEBALL (JV) vs. Mesquite Poteet
Friday, May 1
SOFTBALL - Bi-district deadline
BASEBALL (V) vs. Forney
BASEBALL (JV) @ Forney
TRACK Regional Track Meet
BAND - Showcase of music, 2pm @ Richardson HS Performing Arts Center
Support Falcon Nation...Join PTO
Tickets: $75 for any Forney ISD student, and $80 for any non-FISD student. Ticket sales should begin on Monday, May 4th.
Date approval forms will be available in the front office and are REQUIRED for ANY student that DOES NOT attend North Forney (this includes Jackrabbits!)
Senior Awards Ceremony - Monday, June 1st
Monday, June , 2015
Reception and hors d'oeuvres 6pm
Ceremony to begin at 7pm in the NFHS Auditorium
Graduation, Wednesday, June 3
Details still to come regarding tickets, location, etc.
Do you owe money?
A-F: Kristy Swiger
G-N: Tanya Armstrong
O-Z: Bryan Sharkey
Lady Falcon Softball claims District Championship
Way to Go Lady Falcons!!!!
Lady Falcons track area results
The Lady Falcons track team competed in the area track meet, Thursday, April 23rd, to represent North Forney. The team has worked very hard this year to achieve their goals and accomplishments including advancing to the Regional meet! Here are the results:
- 100-Gregriana Blake 2nd place Regional Qualifier
- 200- Gregriana Blake 3rd place Regional Qualifier
- 800- Sydnei Crouch 3rd place Regional Qualifier
- 1600 Sydnei Crouch 4th place Regional Qualifier
- 4x200-Branesha James, Gregriana Blake, Crystal Orisakwe, Candice Brown-7th place
- 4x400-Branesha James, Timeisha Jones, Candice Randles-Brown, Sydnei Crouch-5th place
Please congratulate these ladies!! Great work!!
Boys Track Competes at Area
The Falcon Boys Track Team spent yesterday competing in the area track meet in Dallas. The Falcons did their very best and finished sixth overall in the total point standings and many athletes will be moving on to the regional meet. Athletes that finished in 1st through 4th place qualified for the Regional meet. All of the Falcon Family represented North Forney very well and were on their best behavior. Here are the top finishers in their event. Thank you for your support and everything you do for these student athletes.
- Kyle Garcia-1st in the 3200 and 2nd in the 1600
- 4x100 Relay-2nd, team includes: KeShawn Dickinson, Derrick Mosley, Jarie Moore, Tay Dickinson
- 4x200 Relay-3rd, team includes: Dickinson, Mosley, Moore, Dickinson
- Tay Dickinson-3rd in long jump and 4th in the 200 meter
- Norris Floyd-3rd in Shot Put
- Tre Dixon-5th in Discus
- Kaden Kinnart-7th in Shot Put
Great work Falcons and GOOD LUCK at Regionals
Testing, Testing and more Testing
Algebra EOC - Tuesday, May 5
US History EOC - Wednesday, May 6
Biology EOC - Thursday, May 7
AP Testing - May 4-15
May 4: AP Psychology (PM)
May 5: AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC (AM)
May 6: AP English Literature and Composition (AM), AP Physics 1: Algebra-based (PM)
May 7: AP Spanish Language and Culture (AM)
May 8: AP United States History (AM), AP Studio Art portfolios due by 8pm EDT
May 11: AP Biology (AM)
May 12: AP US Government and Politics (AM), AP Spanish Literature and Culture (PM)
May 13: AP English Language and Composition (AM)
May 14: AP World History (AM), AP Macroeconomics (PM)
May 15: AP Microeconomics (AM)
Some things to keep in mind for the week of upcoming testing
If you have a freshmen, sophomore, or junior who will be testing, please be aware of the following:
1. Students should be dismissed from testing rooms prior to lunch.
2. Please make sure students get plenty of rest the night before.
3. Students are expected to be in dress code while in their testing room.
4. Students will stay in their testing rooms for the majority of the day. They may bring a library book to read (no magazines, crosswords, etc.) once they have finished testing.
5. Please remember cell phones, ipods, mp3 players, laptops and other electronic devices cannot be out before, during or after the test. If caught with one, a student’s test might be invalidated. Students will be asked to turn them in to the teacher before testing. They will be returned after testing with no penalty.
TVCC Scholarship Application
Still have questions about schedule changes...see the following video.
Has your child received an acceptance letter from a college or university? Please have your child bring this letter to the counseling office, so that we may make a copy. The counselors will soon begin making their “college wall” of all students accepted to a college or university for next fall.
It's never too early...
A planning guide to aid in your quest: http://goo.gl/fdQdPM (please be patient, it's 18 pages and it may take a few moments to open).
Looking for Scholarships on the web??
Are you looking for scholarships? Search engines require you to create a profile and they will then send you scholarships opportunities which may apply to you. There should be NO cost involved with any of these search engines:
· Fast Web: http://www.fastweb.com
· Zinch: www.zinch.com
· Tuition Funding Sources: http://www.tuitionfundingsources.com/
· Scholarship Points : http://www.scholarshippoints.com/
· Every Chance Every Texan: http://www.everychanceeverytexan.org/
As always, if you have questions please contact your student's counselor.
A-F - Ms. Rain
G-N - Ms. Baughman
O-Z - Ms. Byrd
After School Intervention (ASI)
Giving effort and meeting timelines are habits that can be developed. Please continue to encourage your student to strive to give their best effort and submit each assignment on-time or before the due date.
We appreciate your support as we challenge our students to set, raise, and achieve personal learning goals.
Upcoming ASI dates
Monday, April 20
Wednesday, April 22
Thursday, April 23
Monday, April 27
No ASI April 29, 30, May 4, 6, 7 due to EOC and AP testing
If you have not had an opportunity to view the video on ASI, please click the following link.
If you have questions for a specific staff member please use the links below to identify contact information and tutorial times.:
Teacher emails: http://goo.gl/ESaQp9
Teacher tutorials: http://goo.gl/gvh9aW
Teacher emails: http://goo.gl/ESaQp9
Teacher tutorials: http://goo.gl/7tdlf6
You can also contact your child's Student Service Suite. Student Service Suites consists of an Assistant Principal and Counselor and are divided by alphabet. NFHS Student Services contact information is: 469-762-4159 (NFHS main line) and ask for the following Student Services Suite