The best is yet to come.
April 9, 2021
Golf is swinging their way to Regionals!
Congrats to both Lady Viking Golf Teams for qualifying for the Region IV Golf Tournament. The LV "Blue" team of Cailey Nuckolls, Emily Moxley, Bella Zaleski, Savannah Lantz, and Sarah Long captured the District 25-AAA Championship. The LV "Gold" Team of Morgan Burke, Lorelee Felix, Schuyler Burke, and Kate Burke placed second. Both teams advance to the Regional Golf Tournament. Individually, Cailey Nuckolls and Emily Moxley finished with identical scores...using a scorecard playoff Cailey Nuckolls earned 1st Medalist honors and Emily Moxley earned 2nd Medalist honors.
STAAR EOCs are coming up soon!
Biology: May 4
US History: May 5
Algebra I: May 6
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA)
Any student interested in taking the TSIA2 must complete a pre-assessment activity and bring their email of completion with them on test day. Mrs. Hylander will send out information on how to sign up for the test in Canvas at the end of next week. It will be FREE!
Want a yearbook?
We know that this time has been a very frustrating and taxing time for us all, especially on our youth. The counselors at LVHS have built this list as a resource to aide in seeking help for your children. Please reach out to either Mrs. Meghin_Huerta@lagovista.txed.net or Mrs. Elanna_Hylander@lagovista.txed.net if you have any questions or would like to further discuss these services. We are happy to help!
Take Care and Stay Safe!
Class of 2021
Seniors: Please check your Canvas Course titled Class of 2021 for announcements and scholarship information.
Have you ordered your graduation package –announcements, cap and gown, senior gifts and apparel?
There is still time to take advantage of group order pricing.
ONLY A $60.00 DEPOSIT WILL SECURE YOUR ORDER.
Class of 2022
Have you ordered your custom class ring?
There is still time to design your ring and place your order.
MOST RINGS REQUIRE ONLY A $60.00 DEPOSIT. (Selected metals will require a larger deposit).
Thinking about scholarships?
Baseball and Softball are in full swing!
Attention Parents of Bus Riders!
As you know, students moving between face-to-face and remote instruction is to be expected this year. The number of students riding our bus routes not only changes each 9 weeks, due to required periods of isolation and quarantine, ridership changes from day to day. Although we are working to keep pickup and dropoff times as consistent as possible, we ask that parents please prepare for buses to arrive within a 10-15 minute window on either side of the established pickup/dropoff time.
For more information on transportation services, including how to look up your student's bus route information, please visit http://www.lagovistaisd.net/page/transportation.home.
As always, we appreciate your patience and flexibility as we work to meet the needs of our students and families!
EVERY Thursday at LVHS IS COLLEGE DAY! BE SURE TO SPORT YOUR FAVORITE COLLEGE'S GEAR Each Thursday!
DRESS code Review
It has been a while since students have been held to a dress code! In addition to the new mask requirement for students, they are still required to follow the dress code. Please take a minute to review this with your students!
Here is an EXCERPT from our Student Code of Conduct. Please reference the document for the entire list.
1. Clothing should be of the appropriate size.
a. Clothing must not be baggy or saggy, worn low on the body, nor drag on the ground.
b. Clothing must not be overly form fitting or tight.
2. Pictures, emblems or writings on student attire, jewelry, and/or tattoos must be appropriate for the school environment. No messages and/or graphics that are vulgar, offensive, obscene, libelous, or that denigrate others on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
a. No messages and/or graphics that include depictions of or references to profanity,
prohibited substances (e.g., alcohol, drugs, tobacco, etc.), obscenity, sexual
connotations, gangs, inappropriate language, inappropriate pictures, inappropriate
gestures, death, and/or depictions of violent images.
3. See-through/sheer material is ONLY permitted when worn over an article of clothing that is dress code compliant.
4. Students will be expected to be in compliance with the dress code while standing or sitting.
5. Proper undergarments should be worn, but undergarments must not be visible. Garters and garter belts are considered undergarments.
6. No pajamas, sleepwear, or house slippers of any kind, except for designated days such as theme or character days approved by the campus administration.
7. Mustaches, beards, and sideburns must be well groomed. Grooming is at the discretion of the principal.
Bottoms (Dresses, Skirts, Shorts, and Pants)
8. All bottoms must fit around the waist and be properly fastened.
9. Dresses, skirts, shorts, and other non-uniform clothing must be of sufficient length to allow for performing normal school functions without immodest exposure. Any garment, regardless of what it is called, must cover all skin above the middle of the thigh.
10. Spandex shorts, tights, and leggings are allowed ONLY with an outer garment that meets the middle of the thigh requirement.
11. No rips or holes that are excessive or placed above the middle of the thigh.
Shirts and Blouses
12. Shirts must be buttoned properly.
13. Sleeveless shirts and modest tank tops that provide appropriate coverage are permitted.
a. No tank tops or dresses with “spaghetti straps” (thin shoulder straps over otherwise
b. Sleeveless tops must fit appropriately under the arm. No “muscle shirts”.
14. No strapless, spaghetti-strap, backless, halter, one-shoulder, or off-the-shoulder tops.
15. No clothing that reveals bare midriffs and/or bare backs. Midriffs must be fully covered at all times (even when arms are raised).
16. No low cut necklines (which reveal cleavage or the chest area).
17. No hats, caps, and/or hoods may be worn inside during the academic school day, except for designated days such as theme or character days approved by the campus administration.
18. No bandannas, rags, gloves, kerchiefs, or gang-related decorative articles.
19. No hanging wallet chains, chain belts, handcuffs, sharp/heavy rings, or other metal spiked or metal-studded studded accessories.
20. No visible body piercings, with the exception of earrings.
21. No sunglasses may be worn in school buildings without specific recommendation from a doctor.
22. No shoes that mark the floor or “wheelies”.
23. No trench coats.
Our schoolwide attendance goal for this year is 97%. Our state funding is based on the percentage of students at school at 10:45 am every day. Higher attendance rate = more money for resources for your student.
For students who miss school, here is some very important attendance information:
3 or more unexcused absences in a 4 week period - warning letter sent home and phone call from the principal.
10 or more unexcused absences in a 6 month period - truancy charges are filed. Parent, student and school administrator will be summoned to appear in truancy court.
Our campus goal is to reach 97% attendance each day.
Thanks for your support!
How to check your student's grades:
- Integration with the Assignments and Quiz functions within Canvas (auto grading, streamlined feedback, peer editing).
- Instant and improved communication with students on their assignment grades.
- Observer view (Parent view) allows for the parent to see grades and have access to the content as well as teacher comments.
- Uniformity of Canvas gradebook use across campus.
- Parents can still use TxConnect for a “big picture” look at a student’s grade and use Canvas for a detailed contextual look at student’s grades.
- In many cases, parents can access the actual assignment turned in by their student. This eliminates student responses of “I turned it in.” and “I’m not sure why I got a bad grade.”
Parents can create a Canvas Parent account by following the steps found here: https://sites.google.com/lagovista.txed.net/technology/canvas. An even easier option is to have your student log in to their Canvas account and show you their current assignments and grades.
StayAlert System Reminder
Lago Vista ISD uses StayALERT to help keep our schools safe. StayALERT is a bilingual, confidential website, e-mail, phone and texting avenue for students, teachers, staff, parents and community members to be able to confidentially report unsafe behaviors, suspicious activities, bullying, acts of violence, harassment, and a host of other potential disruptors to school safety.
Users may anonymously report concerns 24-7-365 via the StayALERT website, an e-mail, a phone call to a recorded and monitored line, or via a text message from a cell phone. Photos and video clips pertaining to the StayALERT report may be included. No special app required! Reportable information will be forwarded in a timely manner to a pre-designated school official for review.
To make a report, use one of the methods below:
Call or Text: (206) 406-6485
Who should I contact about...
Immunizations, illnesses, medications: Our nurse Kat_Azevedo@lagovista.txed.net, 512-267-8300, extension 5506
Registration, Transcripts: Our registrar, Tyra_Becker@lagovista.txed.net, 512-267-8300, extension 5503
Student Emotional Support, College Readiness, Student Schedules: Our counselor, Meghin_Huerta@lagovista.txed.net, 512-267-8300, extension 5504
Career and Tech Readiness: Our CTE Counselor, Elanna_Hylander@lagovista.txed.net, 512-267-8300, extension 5510