First Time Diners Guide
By: Erica Isley
- Wait to be seated
- When at the table put napkin in your lap
- Listen to specials
- Wait for server to take your drink order
What is a la carte?
A la carte is a different price for each item on the menu.
What is a la mode?
A la mode is putting ice cream on something.
Getting Your Server's Attention:
You should make eye contact and make a gesture to let them know you need them. If your server isn't in the dining room ask another server if they can find them.
Gratuity is giving your server a tip for how well they took care of you. You should add it to the total and leave it on the table unless they have a pay tray.
- Place your silver wear parallel to each other at the top of your plate.
- Lay your napkin in the center of your plate.
Other Things You Need to Know:
- Do not chew with your mouth open or talk with your mouth full.
- Keep your napkin in your lap.
- Say please and thank you.
- Use appropriate meal conversation.
- Leave your elbows off the table.