Timeline on the history of Pharmacy
By: K.Trezise & Jesse
19th century Cont.
- 1847- the first department of pharmacology was developed at Estonia
- 1879- the first vaccine for cholera
- 1885- first morphological description of how we call apoptosis
- 1890- John Jacob Abel (in the picture) founded the first pharmacology department in the vis at the university of Michigan.
20th Century (1901-2000)
- 1902- Biologics Control Act
- 1903- Coca-Cola is changed, caffeine replaced the cocaine it before contained
- 1909- The U.S Prohibits importation of smoking opium
- 1912- Phenobarbital is introduced into therapeutics under the trade name of Luminal
- 1924- manufacture of heroin is prohibited in the U.S