On The Right Track- Investigation
Technology Design Cycle Report
Indentify The Problem
To illustrate this point, I created a chart, based on prior knowledge, to demonstrates all that I know about assessment in each class and the images are on display (two images below).
+ Spreadsheet is a document that can organize your work into columns and rows.
+ Spreadsheet make for easier to display information, and can insert some formulas to their data.
+ People also use spreadsheet to learn about different things and make decisions.
+ Spreadsheet is base on different varieties of subjects.
+ Spreadsheet has the ability to calculate values using mathematical formulas and the data in the cells.
+ Microsoft Excel is one of the best examples for spreadsheet.
+ In a spreadsheet, spaces that hold items of data are called cells.
+ Daniel Bricklin and Bob Frankston created the first spreadsheet application.
+ A spreadsheet is generally designed to hold numerical data and short text.
+ An electronic spreadsheet is a computer program that is used for storing, organizing and manipulating data.
This is the example of spreadsheet:
Stand-alone Presentation is the presentation that is not required talking and explaining. It base on showing other or making slide show.
- Number list
- Use title slides for each main point
- Use large explanations
- A banner
What is IB MYP?
The MYP(Middle Year Program) start from 6 to 10 grade. It design for students from 11 to 16. The MYP is preparing students to be successful at school and to be active.
I will now explain assessment for each subject:
The maximum score for technology is 36 because there are six component and each one is 6/6.
- Investigation 6/6
We have a little interview from our technology teacher Luke Watson. This is the result of the interview.
The maximum score for math is 28 because there are two 6 and two 8.
- Knowledge and Understanding:8/8
- Investigating patterns:8/8
- Communication in mathematics:6/6
- Reflection in mathematics:6/6
The maximum score for science is 36 because science have 6 criteria and the full score is 6/6.
- One world:6/6
- Communication in science:6/6
- Knowledge and understanding of science:6/6
- Scientific inquiry:6/6
- Processing data:6/6
- Attitudes in science:6/6
The maximum score for humanities is 38 because it has some 10 and some 8.
- Organization and presentation
The maximum score for P.E is 32.
- Use of knowledge:8/8
- Movement composition:6/6
- Social skills and personal engagement:8/8
The maximum score for English is 30.
- Style and language Mechanics:10/10
The maximum score for Art is 34.
- Knowledge and understanding:8/8
- Reflection and evaluation:8/8
- Personal engagement:8/8
The product created to explain how assessment in grade 8 must:
- be stand alone
- be appropriate in length (not to long or too short)
- for MYP students (audience)
- outline assessment criteria, how each assessment criteria is graded and how and overall grade is calculated
- use a good balance of images and text
- when information and/or images are used from other sources - it must be referenced
The spreadsheet created must:
- include all subject
- include all assessment criteria
- allow for multiple units of work
- calculate averages, when appropriate
- include overall grade
- use different cell colours for different subjects
- include a heading
- Was the stand-alone appropriate to the Target Audience (MYP Students)?
- Was there a careful balance between text & images?
- Were all the classes covered in the stand-alone?
- Was there a clear introduction?
- Was the Color scheme, font & layout choice stylish & effective?
For the Spreadsheet:
- Was the Spreadsheet complete with spaces for all subjects, all criteria?
- Was Coloring used effectively on the spreadsheet?
- Did the Spreadsheet use the formulas for average? for sum? for sorting data? and for sell-merge & bordering & shading?
- Did the spreadsheet have a good title?
- Was the layout good?
- Name 3 things you like about the stand-alone
- Name 3 key facts from the stand-alone
- Name 3 things you like about the spreadsheet.
- Name 3 things that should be changed so the spreadsheet could be better.
- Name 3 things that should be changed so the stand-alone could be better.
I will conduct the best between 24th-26th September
The testers will be:
Bibliography (some of it is PDF or picture)
- "What Is Spreadsheet?" ThinkQuest. Oracle Foundation, n.d. Web. 30 Aug. 2013.
- "Spreadsheet." What Is Spreadsheet? N.p., n.d. Web. 31 Aug. 2013.
- "Spreadsheet." What Is ? N.p., n.d. Web. 31 Aug. 2013.
- "What Is a Spreadsheet?" About.com Spreadsheets. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 Aug. 2013.
- "The IB Middle Years Programme." IB Middle Years Programme at a Glance. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 Aug. 2013.
- "Language A IB-MYP Assessment Criteria." Language A IB-MYP Assessment Criteria. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 Aug. 2013.