Ridgeview STEM Junior High School
January 29, 2021
Odds and Ends
- Students should leave airpods/beats or other bluetooth devices such as those at home.
- Students should carry a spare mask in their bag. We have extras if the mask gets soiled as well.
- Students are reminded to turn cell phones off during the day and keep them in a safe place if they need to bring them to school. The district policy for K-8th grade is to have them off during school hours. We appreciate your support in this. If you need to reach your student, please contact the main office and we will have them come down to the office to call you.
- Students should bring a refillable water bottle to school as our water fountain mouth pieces have been turned off. We have bottle filling stations that they may use throughout the day. Students may also purchase a bottle of water through our vending machines for $1.25.
- Please see the bottom of the newsletter for links to: Free Meals on Virtual Days, Weekly Classroom Information, Parent Hub, Technology Troubleshooting, Virtual Attendance.
Congrats to Our POP Winners
Ryan Cole-When it comes to passion for his subject area, I cannot think of a more passionate teacher than Ryan Cole. He brings such energy to his class everyday, whether it is by incorporating the latest technology, collaborating with his peers to ensure quality instruction or creating new and diverse lesson plans; Ryan tries very hard to keep all students motivated and engaged. Ryan goes above and beyond by serving as the English department chair and by sitting on the diversity committee. He has previously served on the Health and Wellness Committee in years past. Ryan hardly misses days from school and is here many days past the contracted work day. He collaborates with our team on a daily basis and provides much needed humor in times of anxiety and stress. He always makes time to help out colleagues whenever they need him. Ryan communicates well with students, parents and community members. He goes the extra mile to meet with kids to ensure they are doing the quality work that he expects from all of his students. Ryan takes his role as an educator seriously and is an excellent role model, leader and example for others to follow.
Lisa Holley-Lisa always has a smile for each and every staff member and student at Ridgeview. Her impeccable work ethic and desire to help when needed, keeps the Ridgeview counseling and athletic office a well oiled machine. This year, Lisa has gone above and beyond to make sure all classes are covered and students are supervised. She keeps a detailed record of where everyone is assigned for contact tracing. During all the chaos that is everyday, she always has a smile and good attitude. Not only working with the students and staff at Ridgeview, Lisa also assists the theater program at Central with their productions. Her tireless effort to make every experience in Pickerington Schools meaningful, holds a special place in the hearts of the students. In dealing with schedule changes, athletic fees and schedules, Lisa collaborates with a variety of school district staff and members of the community. She is always very professional with every interaction. She communicates with both students and parents effectively to problem solve any issue that may arise. We are lucky to have Lisa as part of the Ridgeview family!
Spelling Bee Finalists-Congrats to Our Winner!
January Students of the Month!
From the Nurse
- If your child is absent from school for reasons due to Covid-19, please be sure to call the School Nurse as soon as possible. This is very important when recording absences and tracking Covid-19 cases in the school building.
- February 8 and 11th-Mobile Dentist @ Sycamore Elementary (see details below)
The Mobile Dentist is Coming!
Great news! Sycamore Creek Elementary has partnered with Smile Programs…the mobile dentists to offer in-school dental care on February 8, 2021 and February 11, 2021. Ridgeview students can also sign up! A parent will need to bring their child to the appointment. You can sign your child up to see the dentist at www.myschooldentist.com. Please complete the registration As Soon As Possible.
The dental care is usually at no cost to you. All insurance is accepted including Medicaid and CHIP. For those without insurance, a low cost self-pay option is available.
Convenient and comfortable
The in-school dental program saves you time and provides a safe and comfortable place for your child to receive gentle dental care from licensed local professionals.
Dental care includes a complete dental exam, x-rays, cleaning, fluoride and sealants when necessary, and in some cases, restorative care such as fillings.
Dental care for a healthy life
Children who see a dentist regularly may have fewer health issues like:
- Early tooth loss caused by dental decay
- Gum disease
- Heart disease
- Impaired speech development
Help keep your child healthy, in school and learning.
Simply go to www.myschooldentist.com for more information.
Please contact the school with any questions.
What's Going on in PAW Time?
In February, PAW Time classes will work through a choice board that highlights and celebrates Black History Month as well as teaches our students about Implict Bias. Students will utilize these videos that aired on WOSU that explains what Implicit Bias is and how we can adjust and adapt to overcome the individual Bias that we all have.
We Want Your Artwork for the Yearbook! Deadline to Order Online is March 8, 2021
- Calling all Artists! We need your artwork for the yearbook. Draw something that shows what Ridgeview means to you. Turn it in to Mrs. Chumley or Mrs. K. The winner gets a free yearbook!!
- We would love to have art from our VLA students too. Please email artwork to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To order your Ridgeview Yearbook please go to Yearbookordercenter.com and use the School Code 13607.
Girls lacrosse conditioning is every Tuesday and Thursday at 7:30 PM in the field house.
If girls want information or have questions they can email: email@example.com
- Girls Softball registration on Final Forms is now open.
Parents, you are able to sign up for ALL SEASON's sports online. This will enable you to start receiving communications from the coach/program when anything is going on. Winter sports are starting some open gym workouts at this time.If you sign up now, you will receive all the necessary instructions for registration / physicals / communication from the coach prior to the start of the season. Visit Pickeringtontigers.net and click on "Final Forms" to register your athlete today. Also remember your athlete needs a current OHSAA physical on file. All athletic announcements and updates can be found at the website as well.
Sign Up for Meals on Virtual Days
The deadline is every Monday by 10am. FREE for ALL students
An important reminder: Please sign up weekly as this helps control food waste and monitor inventory levels.
The ODE Child Nutrition Department announced that all meals are free through June 2021! If you would like to receive breakfast and lunch for the days your student is virtual, please click on the correct link below to sign up. Remember that you need to do this every week.
Click here to see the Teacher Team Websites, Athletic Website, Parent University and so much more. USE THIS AS A ONE STOP INFORMATION HUB
Please read this important information on how your child needs to submit his or her attendance on virtual learning days.