The Ravens' Nest
Randolph Early College High School Newsletter
Week of March 28, 2022
There is modified bus transportation tomorrow as traditional schools have a workday. Students need to be dropped off at hub sites. Shuttle buses will run from the hub sites to RECHS.
Bravo RECHS Drama Club!
Congratulations to Emi Maerz and Shelby Wright for directing the completely student-led performance. Congratulations to the Drama Club Council, Jenna Caputa, Lev Courtemanche, Emi Maerz, and Shelby Wright. We are proud of your leadership! Your hard work paid off!
(Not pictured: Lera Foust who played Rabbit)
Student Government Association Needs YOU!!!
The SGA is running our new RECHS school newspaper! It will be called "The Monthly Flock", and we need YOUR help! Please fill out the forms linked below as soon as possible to help your newspaper staff get the information they need for the first issue. Thank you!"
College-only students, Mrs. Scott has your report card.
International Committee of the Red Cross Fundraiser
Junior Civitans Basket Donations
Class of 2022 Graduation Information is here!
"You're Going to Be a Senior! Now What?!"
The Commons will be closed to all students April 18-22, 2022. Please begin making arrangements if you use the commons on a daily basis.
Announcements from Ms. Perry, RCC Liaison
RCC Registration for 10th-11th Graders
- All current 10th and 11th grade students must schedule an advising appointment with our liaison, Mrs. Perry prior to RCC registration.
- Students can schedule appointments with Mrs. Perry from now until April 4, 2022.
- RCC Registration will open April 11, 2022 for Fall '22 semester.
- RECHS students will not be allowed to register for college classes until they complete their advising meeting.
- When you schedule your appointment, you must indicate whether you are requesting an in-person or virtual meeting. Not during academic class time.
- Parents and guardians are more than welcome to attend to these meetings.
Seniors, if you have not already applied for college graduation please do so immediately.
If you have login issues with your online classes come see me or call the helpdesk 336-625-1573
9th Grade-----$19.00 (Instructional and Science Fees)
10th Grade---$17.00 (Instructional and Science Fees)
11th Grade---$17.00 (Instructional and Science Fees)
12th Grade---$42.00 (Instructional and graduation)
Fees go to providing educational opportunities for students such as subscriptions, lab materials, supplemental books, etc.
If you received a text message about joining a "Honors Society", please reference our previous message from 3/14/21 with the subject link "Honors Society Text Messages and Emails". Please know that the only Honors Society officially affiliated with Randolph Community College is the Beta Theta Rho chapter of Phi Theta Kappa. Students who qualify to be a member of PTK are sent an invitation to PTK via letter in an official RCC envelope and an email from our PTK advisor, Mr. Clark Adams.
- - - - -
Important upcoming dates –
- Mar 30 - Blood Drive 10am-4pm (See below to make an appointment)
- Mar 31 - SGA elections packets due (details below)
- Apr 8 - Last Day To Withdraw From A 16-Week Course Without Grade Penalty
- Apr 11 - Advising And Registration For Summer/Fall '22 Semester For Currently Enrolled Students by Appointment
- Apr 18 - Easter Holiday, CAMPUS CLOSED
- Apr 19 - Classes Resume
- Apr 20 - Campus Cookout in the Plaza at 11am - Sponsored by SGA
You can always find the college’s calendar on our website at https://www.randolph.edu/calendar/index.aspx
- - - - -
Want to be a part of our Student Government Association at Randolph Community College? SGA elections will take place later this semester to elect our SGA officers for the 22-23 academic year!
Randolph Community College's Student Government Association (SGA) is responsible for planning student activities and addressing student governance issues. All curriculum students of the College are eligible to participate in the SGA.
Our SGA provides leadership development, a way to engage with other students, and become an integral part of our campus community!
We will elect these positions -
- President (Scholarship opportunities available)
- Vice President
- Public Information Officer
- 2nd Year Delegate (5 open positions)
SGA elections will take place on April 13th via electronic ballot. If you want to declare your candidacy for any of the above positions, please begin attending SGA meetings and complete this candidacy packet - https://bit.ly/3LSaVb2
- - - - -
SGA is bringing back our "Find The Armadillo" Challenge and will give away a number of prizes for services like Netflix, Hulu, and others through a virtual hunt for an armadillo! Here’s how you can win!
1) Follow SGA on Instagram at @randolphccsga https://www.instagram.com/randolphccsga/
2) Check our Instagram story each Friday at 11am for a picture of our little armadillo friend and this week’s prize located somewhere in Randolph County
3) Email your answer to the armadillo’s location to firstname.lastname@example.org use your RCC student email address before our Instagram story disappears from our page!
4) If you are the first correct answer for that week, you win that week’s prize
5) Even if you are not first, if your answer is correct, you are entered in a drawing for a grand prize at the end of our contest. Each correct answer enters you in the final drawing again! So, for each week you submit a correct answer, you increase your odds of winning the grand prize!
If you have questions, please email Shane Bryson, Director for Student Life & Recruitment at email@example.com
See our flier for this here! - https://bit.ly/3kRtXmh
- - - - -
Uwharrie Dreams - To join the online community of Uwharrie Dreams and unlock new creative writing opportunities, contact Professor Victoria Davis firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Gregory Vance email@example.com . The club is operating in an entirely online, self-paced format in Moodle for the spring semester of 2022. Check our flier for details -https://bit.ly/3HgFip7
- - - - -
Have you heard that RCC has a new Esports Club? Check out their flier here - https://bit.ly/3sWB7sz They also have a Discord! You can find it here -https://discord.gg/TTK5MhSvDR If you have questions about the club, please contact their student representative, Caleb Robbins at firstname.lastname@example.org or their Club Advisor, Loryn Smith at email@example.com
- - - - -
To find information on Student Life at RCC, links to our social media accounts along with the College's main accounts, and more info on our clubs and student organizations, or even the Armadillo Cafe Menu check our LinkTree for SGA - https://linktr.ee/randolphsga
RECHS Expectations Concerning Absences Due to Quarantine
- Students must check their high school and college email daily.
- Students need to email their high school teachers daily by 12:00 pm for attendance purposes.
- Students need to check Canvas and Moodle daily.
- Students need to communicate with their college instructors.
- Students need to complete the Covid Exposure Concern form for RCC.
Campbell University STEM Camp
UNCG College Prep Summer Camp
Save the Date!
Holiday: April 15
Teacher Workday: April 18
Junior Parent Meeting: April 19, 6:00pm, LRC
Prom: April 23, 2022
Textbook Collection: May 9 and May 10, 12:00pm-4:00pm, Room 113
RCC Graduation: May 11, 6:00 pm in the Special Event Center at the Greensboro Coliseum
Celebration of Achievement: May 12, 2022, 6:30pm, Journey Church
Graduation Practice: May 19, 2022, 9:00am, Journey Church
Graduation: May 20, 2022, 10:00am, Journey Church, Ticketed Event