Prestwick STEM Academy
Prestwick Profile Community - Vol. 33
News to Know & Important Campus Information
Tuesday, April 5th
- 7th Grade Field Trip/Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area
- Compacted Math Parent Meeting Incoming 6th graders @ Prestwick 6:30 pm (by invite only)
Thursday, April 7
- 4th Grade Field Trip to Austin, TX
Friday, April 8
- The Lantern Run * Register if interested @ Little Elm Park @ 7:00pm
LE Family Health Opportunity
To register click this link: http://thelanternrun.com/event-posts/littleelm/
Perfect Attendance Recognized
Every 3-6 weeks, our attendance team pulls a list of students who have perfect attendance. Student names are entered into a raffle for prizes. We have honored these students with a gift card to the Lobo loot store. Please enjoy the information below about the benefits of consistent attendance found on Colorin Colorado's education organization website (http://www.colorincolorado.org/article/school-attendance-key-success).
Let's continue to partner for excellent attendance to support academic achievement! Also remember that when your child is absent documentation/notes should be sent to school as soon as possible in order to excuse the absence. While we know families enjoy travel, travel related absences are not excused at any time and should be planned around the school calendar.
Benefits of daily attendance
- Achievement: San Diego Unified School District found that students who attended school regularly were more likely to pass reading and math assessments than students who didn't attend school regularly.
- Being part of the school community: Just by being present at school, your child is learning how to be a good citizen by participating in the school community, learning valuable social skills, and developing a broader world view.
- The importance of education: Your commitment to school attendance will also send a message to your child that education is a priority for your family, going to school every day is a critical part of educational success, and that it's important to take your responsibilities seriously — including going to school.
Snapshots of Learning
Pre-K and Kinder Roundup
Mark your calendars for Pre-K/Kindergarten Roundup! We are opening up registration for Pre-K and Kindergarten students. New to the registration process or maybe it has been a while? Go to the registration page on our website, or click HERE to see the list of documents you need to bring with you to Zellars Center for Learning and Leadership.
National Volunteer Week Celebrated 4/11- 4/15
You should receive an invitation to join us for gratitude breakfast on Wednesday, April 13th hosted by our thankful staff. Once you receive your invite, please RSVP.
District Calendar for 2016-2017
Please click on the links located on the website below to see the Calendar in fullscreen. You may print for your planning purposes. School start times have not been determined for next school year. If you have any questions about the school calendar for next year, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.